New Released Phones. What most people should already know.

Punkidish

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So after reading a bunch of threads, here is what people should automatically know.

When new phones come out (especially smartphones), and you plan on purchasing them on release date. Shouldn't you expect some issues? The Evo has been out 1 month today. So it's still pretty new. And all im seeing is tons of people complaining about issues with there phone and why they're returning it. Its just like anything else, XBOX for example, it had issues when it was released. Point is, stop complaining, your EVO more then likely will have some problems. And some people luck out and get one that doesn't have anything wrong. Look at it this way, if your purchasing on release day of a nice new advanced gadget, your taking a chance.

Last edited:

scheets973

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Furthermore, They knew this phone was coming for sometime. They did not reveal a release date for sometime, and they needed the phone to "blow away" people. Therefore, I would have expected a little more rigor in the testing phase. The issues are not horrible by any means but there are a few more issues than I would have liked to seen myself.

Punkidish

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Furthermore, They knew this phone was coming for sometime. They did not reveal a release date for sometime, and they needed the phone to "blow away" people. Therefore, I would have expected a little more rigor in the testing phase. The issues are not horrible by any means but there are a few more issues than I would have liked to seen myself.

I know they wanted to get a jump on apple, so i expected a couple flaws. but overall, im satisfied with my phone. Nothing updates aren't able to fix, for most part.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the OP ... These issues have been few to say the least ... and Have been rectified by the most part by exchanges and OTA updates ... As far as them Pushing it out too fast ... I don't think so ... Hell the i4 was thought out better than any device out there and it had WAY more cosiderable issues than my EVO (which is had no issues) I just believe that the ones that jump ship want to justify themselves to get the next new device around the corner ... For me ... I love this thing and it only gets better from here.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The Evo has been out 1 month today. So it's still pretty new. And all im seeing is tons of people complaining about issues with there phone and why they're returning it.

ALL you're seeing is TONS of people returning the phone?

or

All YOU'RE seeing is tons of people.....

Really, if your biggest impression of the phone is that tons of people are returning it you're either not paying attention or you're only looking for posts that support a preconceived bias.

I read about very few people returning the phone. Certainly far fewer than returned the Palm Pre, for example.

Yes, there are some problems, and your general point that pretty much every new smartphone has some issues in the beginning is pretty true. But the Evo is one of the smoothest launches I've seen in a while, with very few serious problems, and very few returning their phones (based on what we read online, since there are no statistics on returns available).

Punkidish

May 17, 2010
Visit site
ALL you're seeing is TONS of people returning the phone?

or

All YOU'RE seeing is tons of people.....

Really, if your biggest impression of the phone is that tons of people are returning it you're either not paying attention or you're only looking for posts that support a preconceived bias.

I read about very few people returning the phone. Certainly far fewer than returned the Palm Pre, for example.

Yes, there are some problems, and your general point that pretty much every new smartphone has some issues in the beginning is pretty true. But the Evo is one of the smoothest launches I've seen in a while, with very few serious problems, and very few returning their phones (based on what we read online, since there are no statistics on returns available).

your funny

Crimson

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Everyone screams there should be more testing if they experience problems with their phones. They are usually the same ones screaming Sprint/HTC needs to hurry up and release the device as well.

People need to realize there is very little QC in modern electronics these days. Cheap and quality just don't play well together. Ultimately, if 2 phones with similar specs are released and one has been 'rigorously tested' and priced at $399 with a contract, and the other is priced at $199 with a contract. Guess which one is going to sell?

People need to get off the Quality Control BS.. we as a society voted with our money that we don't care for it.. only when something breaks do we care, but then its usually to say that we just purchased the next latest and greatest non-QC'd device to replace it with.

dontspamtheman

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I purchased 2 EVO's on launch day and it has been pretty smooth. Most of my issues were user issues learning new things. What I have seen in the last month is a lot of people learning a new device and a lot of people on the forums helping out. I call this fun...not a problem. Sure there are some on here with nightmare stories but there are much more like me who just love the EVO and could not imagine being with something else...That is until the next great phone catches my eye. LOL

californiajay

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
So after reading a bunch of threads, here is what people should automatically know.

When new phones come out (especially smartphones), and you plan on purchasing them on release date. Shouldn't you expect some issues? The Evo has been out 1 month today. So it's still pretty new. And all im seeing is tons of people complaining about issues with there phone and why they're returning it. Its just like anything else, XBOX for example, it had issues when it was released. Point is, stop complaining, your EVO more then likely will have some problems. And some people luck out and get one that doesn't have anything wrong. Look at it this way, if your purchasing on release day of a nice new advanced gadget, your taking a chance.

Sorry but there was a time when it was fully expected that when a product came onto the market it had been fully tested and retested and put through plenty of quality control. This sadly is a concept which has been lost due to the fact that the big corportations couldn't care less anymore whether their products work or if their customers are happy. All they care about these days is what kind of dividends their stock holders receive.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Sorry but there was a time when it was fully expected that when a product came onto the market it had been fully tested and retested and put through plenty of quality control. This sadly is a concept which has been lost due to the fact that the big corportations couldn't care less anymore whether their products work or if their customers are happy. All they care about these days is what kind of dividends their stock holders receive.

I agree with the product being fully tested and I truly believe this device was ... The only difference is that before when a single person had an issue with a product not too many people knew about it ... Now with forums around 20, 000 people can all come together to find info out in 1 ... 2 ... or 3 different websites ... That being said the quality control isswues would be even more strict now because consumers follow forums and email companies and are WAY more active in the buying and retaining process these days ... I have had my share of product defects and I would just pack it back up ... go back to the store and exchange it for a new one ... I didnt waste time complaining .

acoleman1981

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Look, I totally agree with Punkidish, everyone here knows how these things work, new devices usually do have bugs to work out and yes the 360 did have issues did we all forget about the red ring of death and the ps3 didn't have as many issues but they had worse issues a few years in when you couldn't even play games on or offline for about 2 days because of the date being wrong on the system.

What I'm trying to say is bitching and whining and complaining isn't fixing anything at all. When you cry do the magical tears make the light leakage go away or the screen grounding issues to stop, or even better sprinkle some on the display to blow past the 30fps issue that we are all having. Get over it. Take your phone back and get something else or shut the hell up whining and just get it replaced.

Damn I'm on my 2nd one and the roommates hasn't even come in yet to replace for his 3rd and I am not upset or pissed, but at the same time, I have a life outside so I occasionally get off my phone and do something outside.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
your funny

You would be taken a lot more seriously, and people would read your posts with a little more attention if you had better grammar and evidence to support your ideas.

Not trying to bash on you, you do have some merit in what you're saying. However, the way you're saying it is not very compelling.

bobodobo

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Personally I've been blown away with how well my EVO performs and how few / minor the issues / weaknesses are, especially considering it's brand new. It's soooo much closer to performing "nominally" than any newly released phone I've had before, there's just no comparison. If you really want totally issue-free, wait to buy a phone until 2 years after its release... like any of us would do that.

epbb

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I've had zero issues with mine. Screen's fine, 4G works fine, Wifi works fine, camera works fine, and the kickstand works fine. lol

njbianco#AC

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
PS3 didn't have a ton of issues when it came out, neither did the 360 for that matter.

actually i would say the 360 actually had a ton of problems i dont know about the ps3 though

away from that i bought my Evo on release day and haven't had any problems no like leakage nothing so far

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I've had no issues except for the 30fps cap... that's annoying. Oh, and they could have put a better GPU.

I just hate HTC's outlook. They just sorta throw phones out there with different names.
I wish they'd stick with a line. For example, stay with the Evo thing and make an Evo 2 next year. Instead, they'll just make something and throw it out there with a weird name like HTC Spark or something.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463