Email Ringtone

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
On the N1, like the Blackberry, each email can get its own ringtone

But on the EVO, I can find no such thing I CAN find a separate ringtone for messages (sms/mms0 and for Facebook and for notifications,...
BUT not for Yahoo Email.

Is this because it is included in Notifications, OR am I missing it??
Also for Yahoo, is there a way to only delete mail off the phone and not the server OR to give you an option (both of these options are given on the blackberry)

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
It's because sense sucks and removes, changes, or moves options to stupid places.

What I wouldn't give for a N1 on Sprint. That would be just perfect. A camera that works! Options in the right place! And none of that crap on the home screen!

msw323

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
It's because sense sucks and removes, changes, or moves options to stupid places.

What I wouldn't give for a N1 on Sprint. That would be just perfect. A camera that works! Options in the right place! And none of that crap on the home screen!

Dude, if you hate sense that much, disable it

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
gregg, I just came from Tmo. I was there for eleven years and basically had ZERO problems. They are great. I had the Nexus, I had a second nexus and I had a third one. I had a speaker problem, I had a software problem, and I had one where it cut off three times a day. Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing it. I was in fact going to get another. It isn't like some new phones which I am not gonna bash that has all these problems written about it, I would have chalked it up to three lemons. I just used it to push me over the limit to go get the EVO which I wanted.

I do love the phone so far...a lot. I hope you do too Gregg and u are having a bad night. Neither one is that much worse or better right. The main thing better of the Nexus is getting froyo and updates quicker right. Otherwise, the EVO has it beat in a lot of categories right?

msw how can I turn off Sense?? When I do, I got Pandora or one of those other things on the Nexus I had, not all the time,but once I put it on and turned it off and it messed up all my screens, as in the location of the icons? Will it do that?

(I will ask here then post a separate since u r reading...how do you delete a video off Qik. I didnt know that any video u take within that program goes on site whoa...Lucky for me it was kewl LOL Next, I saw that we may be charged five dollars per month is that true? I guess like Telenav was with Tmo, we can opt out?....thanks both of u for quick replies)

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Msw, learn what you're talking about before you open up your mouth (keyboard). You cannot turn off Sense. You can only turn off the Sense launcher, which doesn't do anything to help it's major failings.

Eric, T-Mo suuuuucks here in New Orleans. The N1 was amazing, but the service was terrible. Voice service was somewhat okay, but the data was terri-bad. Don't know much about Qik, having only toyed with it, but I do recall hearing that there will be a charge for service down the road. Not sure what that will entail though.

And yes, I do love this phone.... I just wish there were a non-Sense version of it. Not in the mood to root and keep up with roms again. Once was enough for that.

Last edited:

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Still, thanks to all
we all need to remember how lucky and fortunate we are to have not only any smartphone, but any phone at all. And if we are on this forum, we are either here to help others or here to learn. both of those people we should want on our side ...the ones who teach, because, well...because they teach and are generous. And the ones who need teaching and came to learn, well, because I"m dumb, oops I didnt' mean to say that, LOL well because we don't want any readers frustrated , and thinking you guys are less than the good teachers we are

That is my verbacious way of saying I love the helpers on this forum. Either one of you couold have been right about that, but we all make mistakes (Some of me, oops I mean us, more than others :) )

I will look into Fring again, I do wanna see if it does have that ability to send video messages.

Oops almost forgot, I want to ask you this, I hope that because you have a few things with sense you don't like, this is for both of you though, that you can be honest. If u wree here now, I am laughing. Other people who were helping me with picking out the phones in the process, back and forth more than you know LOL
So I woulid ask, in general, you do think that the EVO is incredible and if not that still one of the top , say 4or 5 phones around? I am laughing cause if we were in Best Buy, for example, and all the other guys had helped me with the decision,and it was your first time helping, theyd be laughing saying no, no, don't say it, ...please tell him its the best. please. He'll be asking why, why, You'll have him returning it No, Please say its the best.

Oh well, at least I am able to laugh and have fun with my desire for technology. And at least I can laugh at myself and my anxiety (over the phone in this choice)

Would love to , on a serious note, hear back about the pros and cons about each vs the other and if you had your choice on any carrier what phone most people would have. Any carrier what one would you have AND in your humble opinion, what phone, the EVO or Nexus would others have

TTYL
E

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I've had the "top phone" offered by each carrier over the past 12-14 months. The EVO is easily tied for the top spot with the Nexus One. Nexus strong point is Stock Android and gorgeous screen. The EVO strong points are the 8 device sharing, and a much easier typing experience. On stock Android, the EVO would easily be king.

Given my choice in a perfect world, I'd take a Nexus One on Sprint. T-Mobile is hella-bad here in new orleans, and sprint is amazing here. I've learned the hard and expensive lesson that the carrier is slightly more important than the phone.

J Snazzy

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've had the "top phone" offered by each carrier over the past 12-14 months. The EVO is easily tied for the top spot with the Nexus One. Nexus strong point is Stock Android and gorgeous screen. The EVO strong points are the 8 device sharing, and a much easier typing experience. On stock Android, the EVO would easily be king.

Given my choice in a perfect world, I'd take a Nexus One on Sprint. T-Mobile is hella-bad here in new orleans, and sprint is amazing here. I've learned the hard and expensive lesson that the carrier is slightly more important than the phone.

Root/rom...sure they have one to get rid of sense.

To the OP did you make a custom text tone and use it...that's what I want to do so and advice would be great!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12