Go to Gameloft on your EVO. It'll list games for download at $5.00 for each. Not bad I guess.

Nova runs nicely. I can't post a video, but here's someone else's video of it running on the Desire for proof that the new update works nicely on Snapdragons:

I haven't tried out Asphalt 5 yet. That one was laggy before. It would be a good comparison to test that out. Assassin's Creed was also laggy before.
    There are nine games to try out.
    -Nova, Asphalt 5, Let's Golf, Uno, Assassin's Creed, HAWX, Gangster, Dungeon Hunter, and Hero of Sparta.

Anyone willing to give some of those a go to see if they have been updated as well?
    Edit: On another note, EA's Need for Speed Shift works on Snapdragons as well. The Nexus One was seen playing it:
    07-04-2010 11:44 PM
    Hero of Sparta plays a little better but still lags during key moments
    07-05-2010 12:04 AM
    Hero of Sparta plays a little better but still lags during key moments
    I wonder if that's the 30fps though. Cause certain games require the Evo to go a bit above 30fps at moments such as Let's Golf.
    07-05-2010 12:05 AM
    I have Hawx and Dungeon Hunter, how do you update the games? I don't want to buy them all over again!
    07-05-2010 12:54 AM
    Not sure. Maybe try emailing them. That's what I did
    07-05-2010 01:35 AM
    Not sure. Maybe try emailing them. That's what I did
    So what did they tell you after you emailed them? Did they send you a new text message to download the new installer file?
    07-05-2010 02:32 AM
    Gameloft support isn't bad. Email them and say you heard the games got updated.
    07-05-2010 07:30 AM
    Won't be buying any Gameloft games until they're in the Android Market. I am not putting up with their draconian DRM.
    07-05-2010 08:47 AM
    Won't be buying any Gameloft games until they're in the Android Market. I am not putting up with their draconian DRM.
    That's sucks i guess you will never have the best games on your EVO then, they wont go to the market.
    07-05-2010 09:02 AM
    That's sucks i guess you will never have the best games on your EVO then, they wont go to the market.
    Their loss, not mine. I don't need games on my EVO that bad. If they can't sell their apps like everyone else, I don't need to deal with that. My EVO is a tool, not a toy.
    07-05-2010 09:26 AM
    There DRM does suck, especially the part where you can't try the game first before you buy, but there is a way to get the game installed again if you had to do a hard reset or even had to switch phones. I did both, had to do a hard reset and got a replacement evo and I was able to reinstall/transfer the games after the hard reset/new phone. They keep both files on the SD Card, all you have to do is browse to them using a file manager program and off you go.
    07-05-2010 09:46 AM
    I bought Real Football 2010 and it plays ok. I had it for the Pre and the graphics were much better. On the Android version the players look very block like but the game play is still good. Maybe I will email them and see if they made an updated version for it. I'm still waiting for Gameloft to port Need for Speed

edit-I meant waiting for Gameloft to port NFL Football 2010. Need for Speed is EA.
    07-05-2010 12:41 PM

The best games on the EVO arent on the market.

Chrono Trigger -SNES anyone?

07-05-2010 01:06 PM
    The best games on the EVO arent on the market.

Chrono Trigger -SNES anyone?

The emulator is.
    07-05-2010 01:36 PM
    I'd love to see some video evidence of as many of these titles as possible running on an Evo. You'd think Gameloft itself would want to demo the games on various phones in order to sell more copies...assuming they are actually running well.
    07-05-2010 05:17 PM
    Their loss, not mine. I don't need games on my EVO that bad. If they can't sell their apps like everyone else, I don't need to deal with that. My EVO is a tool, not a toy.
    i'm with you on this one
    07-05-2010 06:49 PM
    Ugh this isn't the thread to start the "your phone isn't a console" thread.
    We just want to play some 3d games... especially those of us who had a palm pre before. We didn't expect to upgrade to a phone that can't play the 3d games that a phone half the size could play.

We know this isn't a PSP. However, we just want to play games that our Pre/Iphone could play.
    MannyZ28 likes this.
    07-05-2010 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD