Rebate DECLINED!

twan2001

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, with Sprint, sometimes it is better to buy it directly from them, so if you have anything wrong, you can return, exchange right from them directly. Also there versions of the phone, in my opinion, seem to be a little more reliable than 3rd party stores. I have bought Sprint phones from Best Buy before and decided that it was easier to get from Sprint direct.

I had only one time a problem with a rebate, and one phone call fixed all the problems and was issued the check. My suggestion to the OP is stop complaining and do something about it, which it looks like you did with the email. For me, I would just call the number I gave you, and talk to them live. I know you want to vent your frustrations on how Sprint messes up on all these things. Heck, Sprint has messed up my account for the last 12 years, but whining usually doesn't get you anywhere, but it sometimes makes you feel better. Just keep calling and you will get your rebate sooner or later.

Be patient. Just don't scream at your wife, like I do when Sprint messes up something on my account. My wife doesn't like that too much. I tell her I just needed to vent and it wasn't about her. She now knows when Sprint messes up, that I am only venting.

LMAO i call shenanigans... They do NOT send different phones to Best Buy and keep the best for themselves... I literally just laughed out loud when i read that. If you buy the phone from a 3rd party, the first 30 days, you will return/exchange it at the 3rd party store that you purchased from. After that you can take it back to a corp store if you so choose. And they will take care of the phone. Especially if you carry the TEP... just to clear that up for the people who believe anything they read on the internet.

flynlow

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
How is it possible to fill out a form incorrectly? You fill in the blanks with things you should know, like your name, address etc, staple a receipt or packing slip to it and send it off. It's much more likely some imbecile reads them incorrectly.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Best buy is the only choice of places to buy phones... I cant for the life of me understand why someone would knowingly go somewhere that they know they have to deal with Mail in Rebates.

Heh, ask the people that got defective Evos from Radio Shack or Best Buy but can't get a replacement since they're all sold out.

techiechick

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I had the same thing happen 3 months ago when I bought a new Pre and added my sister to my family plan. Something about when they ported in her number from Verizon caused the system to flag the rebate. I emailed from the sprintrebates site and lo-and-behold, they fixed the problem.
Took me 12 weeks to get that check though!

thomasanderson

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
To the OP, dont panic when you call tomorrow they will fix it for you and mail out the rebate instantly. Ive had this happen to me with several of my phones(I upgrade everytime the latest and greatest comes out), which is why I get all my phones through Best Buy now. I really think that this is some shady ploy Sprint uses hoping that some people will simply forget about their rebate and the bogus denial goes unnoticed.(This almost happened to me the first time). But to everyone who got the bogus rebate denial, you'll be good tomorrow. I know how frustrating it is when your account is screwed up and because of the Holiday or weekend you cant call and let anybody have it.

Brett636

May 3, 2010
Visit site
this is one of the reasons I bought from Radio shack so I would not have to deal with the rebate. Although I had a good experience with the rebate Sprint was doing for the Instinct I did not like the 8-12 week wait for that check. Rebate programs are setup to rip off as many people as it can legally without making it obvious. Most consumers have wised up to this which is why stores like Best Buy and Radioshack have done away with them. When I worked for Best buy all their best deals included mail in rebates, and the headaches caused by them for their customers just wasn't worth the hassle anymore.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
LMAO i call shenanigans... They do NOT send different phones to Best Buy and keep the best for themselves... I literally just laughed out loud when i read that. If you buy the phone from a 3rd party, the first 30 days, you will return/exchange it at the 3rd party store that you purchased from. After that you can take it back to a corp store if you so choose. And they will take care of the phone. Especially if you carry the TEP... just to clear that up for the people who believe anything they read on the internet.

O.K.: With the EVO? How many of the problem phones came out of Best Buy and Radio Shack compared to from Sprint Corporate. I have read a ton of posts, and most of the problem EVO phones have come from batches that were sent to Best Buy and Radio Shack.

Also, who gets the newer version when there are fixes first, Sprint Corporate or Best Buy and Radio Shack. Don't make a blanket statement about that I am wrong. You are right about after the first 30 days you can go back if you have TEP, but Sprint stores still look to see where you buy the phone. I have had more problems with 3rd party phones then from Corporate stores. I have been with Sprint for 12 years, so I do have experience. I am only giving my experience that I have seen. If you or other people have had good luck at 3rd party stores, congrats. For me I have found that it is easier when it comes to problems in the first 30 days and even afterwards if I bought it from the store. Take that anyway you want.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
yea, because if they went to the sprint store they would have just handed them another one right?

People had much better luck getting replacements with Sprint that first couple weeks.

The retailers had to turn most people away because of waiting lists and pre-orders. I guess it's irrelevant at this point as they're sold out pretty much everywhere unless you get lucky.

daving313

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, I noticed on my bill that I was credited some money towards the phone. Looks like they may have given me an instant rebate? Not sure. But I guess won't be too upset if I get a declined rebate.
125655414-ac3b3e218bdbfbb4415be5016e64dc88.4c328e20-full.jpg

twan2001

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
O.K.: With the EVO? How many of the problem phones came out of Best Buy and Radio Shack compared to from Sprint Corporate. I have read a ton of posts, and most of the problem EVO phones have come from batches that were sent to Best Buy and Radio Shack.

Also, who gets the newer version when there are fixes first, Sprint Corporate or Best Buy and Radio Shack. Don't make a blanket statement about that I am wrong. You are right about after the first 30 days you can go back if you have TEP, but Sprint stores still look to see where you buy the phone. I have had more problems with 3rd party phones then from Corporate stores. I have been with Sprint for 12 years, so I do have experience. I am only giving my experience that I have seen. If you or other people have had good luck at 3rd party stores, congrats. For me I have found that it is easier when it comes to problems in the first 30 days and even afterwards if I bought it from the store. Take that anyway you want.

ok buddy, I'm on to the next thread

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
How is it possible to fill out a form incorrectly? You fill in the blanks with things you should know, like your name, address etc, staple a receipt or packing slip to it and send it off. It's much more likely some imbecile reads them incorrectly.

Umm, like not putting the purchase date on the form? Sounds like at least a couple of people forgot that one.

As far as BB, they suck. Their extended warranties border on fraud, and if the phone you get from them has a problem you get stuck in BB Hell, waiting weeks for them to "repair" your phone. I've bought my phones from Sprint, and when I had an issue I walked into a Sprint corporate store and walked out with a new phone.

As for rebates, I by from the Sprint web site and have never had to fill out a rebate form. I get the final, post rebate price posted to my phone bill, and that's it.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I work for a carrier other than Sprint, but I stick with Sprint because of the price. I fill out rebate forms for customers all of the time, and on our rebate form it does have a place for the purchase date, as well as name, address, wireless number, IMEI (or ESN, MSID, etc.), as well as needing to check the box next to the phone you purchased, and the check boxes next to what you include in the envelope.

Just make the call to Sprint and see what they say.

As far as the TEP to my knowledge they have no way of looking up where you purchased the phone. Usually they ask where you got it from, that's what we do. Sometimes they are less inclined to help you if you say you got it from somewhere other than them, but they are still obligated to service your phone if it's a repair center. They can't turn you away if you didn't get the phone from Sprint Corporate. I bought my Pre from an authorized retailer (not a corporate store) and never had a problem at the Corporately owned repair center the three times I had to have it replaced.