EVO 4G over Iphone 4G? (Hardware not Netowk)

pank

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
The biggest difference to me coming from the iPhone....
- iPhone = iOS
- Evo = Android (winner) :)

I too got sick and tired of having to Jailbreak my iPhone just so I could even do the simplest of changes (change my theme for example)....

Tekka

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I moved to the EVO 4G from the Palm Pre and I'm having a hard time keeping it and moving to the Iphone. The ONLY thing keeping me from switching is AT&T. Are there any points anyone can add to help my decision in keeping my EVO over Iphone4? Neither Network is Bad in Baltimore and the prices are about the same now that they make you pay for WiFi on SPRINT!

Here's my (Non-Technical) Review:

Iphone 4G SEEMS TO HAVE:
- Better Gaming and Graphics
- Better UI when Managing open apps
- Better and more Vibrant Colors on reocrded video & picutres.
- Cooler feel look (even with smaller screen)
- Better Apps

EVO 4G SEEMS TO HAVE:
- 4G Speed (Very spotty in Baltimore)
- 4:3 inch screen
- NO DATA CAP!

This is just my own observation, just wondering if anyone has anything better! I'm looking for FAIR, Unbias Opinion. No Apple Haters but more technical comments or experiences with both phones woulnt hurt.

Thnx!

4G spotty in BMore, your joking right? I live in the DMV area and im in Baltimore every weekend. My phone flies when I set it to 4G, replace your phone. Your going to go from a decent network to a crappy one just for a piece of hardware that has far more issues then the Evo?

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
My advice is play with an Evo for awhile and then try the iphone. The screen will look like a tiny joke.

saywut

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
4G spotty in BMore, your joking right? I live in the DMV area and im in Baltimore every weekend. My phone flies when I set it to 4G, replace your phone. Your going to go from a decent network to a crappy one just for a piece of hardware that has far more issues then the Evo?

Let me Clarify! There is Pleanty of 4G in Baltimore.....BALTIMORE CITY! I moved from working downtown to Woodlawn (county) and live in Whitemarsh (county).

Its in the county but for instance... i get a siganal in the house on the couch, if i get up and move to the Kitchen, its gone. Same for at work which is where i need it the most. (Home i use Wifi). but just pointing that out.

androidvirgin

May 17, 2010
Visit site
no such thing as an iPhone 4G. last I checked it was iPhone 4 (with only 3G) convenient for Apple that everyone confuses this as a 4G phone.

ywenz

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Okay the whole Android being an open system vs Iphone's closed system argument is insignificant to many people. Most people do not wish to hack with their phones. They just want something that works for communication and productivity and fun apps.

Other aspects of the iphone's pros are spot on. The camera in the iphone is superior to my "pro" photographer's eye. Typical consumers might not recognize the difference so it all comes down to personal preference. I love the various painting apps on the iphone platform, none available for android, or at least not to the level of quality of the painting apps on the apple platform.

That being said, iphone 4 seems to have various basic usability issues. If they can resolve it, it's a solid platform. That is, if you have ATT's unlimited data plan.

I'm going Sprint + Android because I can't deal with the 2GB cap on the ATT side.. Otherwise, iphone would be a strong contender for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy