Palm pre community members are sad

tomh1102

May 27, 2010
Visit site
They are cheating in the Incredible vs. Pre poll.

Picking up 50 votes per minute while the incredible is only picking up 10.

You can vote as many times as you want by refreshing the page and palm users have apparently developed a bot to assist them in their cheating.

I urge everybody to vote as many times as possible, lets make their pathetic efforts to cheat a waste of time. :(

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't matter. I was a Pre owner.
You know when the Palm Pre Plus won that other competition?

Yeah, Precentral members were using scripts.
The competition doesn't mean much.

tomh1102

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't matter. I was a Pre owner.
You know when the Palm Pre Plus won that other competition?

Yeah, Precentral members were using scripts.
The competition doesn't mean much.

It is sad they have a 10 page thread dedicated to the poll LMAO!

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
It is sad they have a 10 page thread dedicated to the poll LMAO!

Yeah, that's how it was with the old smartphone competition too.
It's a tight community. Sometimes that is good, sometimes annoying.

Though I'm surprised it's still pretty strong, even after so many of us switched over to the Evo.

ldudiaz

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I swithed to the Evo from the Pre. But let's face it WebOS is the best OS now and to the future even without the support that Android and Iphone get. Now that you people are not using the Pre anymore are bashing it

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
This isnt a PRE Forum

I am a launch day Pre to Launch day EVO Convert but ... what does this thread have anything to do with our beloved EVO.

Sixshooter

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I swithed to the Evo from the Pre. But let's face it WebOS is the best OS now and to the future even without the support that Android and Iphone get. Now that you people are not using the Pre anymore are bashing it

Probably because they like their phone and they don't need a "moral victory" to justify their choice.

Also, the Incredible has been sold out for a while and won't be back in stock until almost 3 weeks from now! That means their community is verrrry small...

RC46

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Unless I'm missing something there is no way to cheat unless you use different computers with different IP addresses. You can refresh all you want and vote again but the count does not change and you get a message that says "Thank you, your vote has already been counted"

I still use my Pre as my primary device and use my EVO as a tablet / secondary phone. Both devices have their strengths and weaknesses.

Lets face it. WebOS is by far the best mobile operating system out there. If you don't believe that, you are in denial. If only it had more developer support, better hardware and Google or Apples marketing machine, it would rule the world.

teiresias

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Unless I'm missing something there is no way to cheat unless you use different computers with different IP addresses. You can refresh all you want and vote again but the count does not change and you get a message that says "Thank you, your vote has already been counted"

I still use my Pre as my primary device and use my EVO as a tablet / secondary phone. Both devices have their strengths and weaknesses.

Lets face it. WebOS is by far the best mobile operating system out there. If you don't believe that, you are in denial. If only it had more developer support, better hardware and Google or Apples marketing machine, it would rule the world.

I loved my Pre, but let's get real. Any mobile OS that forces you to have a blank homescreen and forces you to leave a launcher open button in its "ribbon" (or whatever it's called) when there's a gesture built in for it, has issues.

beaker77

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I loved WebOS but it is seriously lacking in the hardware dept.

gwap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Apple people say there's a app for that and pre people say there's a patch for that, i was a pre user that switched to the Evo i left because the apps on the pre sucked i wish it was a patch for that problem