07-08-2010 01:31 PM
34 12
tools
    They are cheating in the Incredible vs. Pre poll.

Picking up 50 votes per minute while the incredible is only picking up 10.

You can vote as many times as you want by refreshing the page and palm users have apparently developed a bot to assist them in their cheating.

I urge everybody to vote as many times as possible, lets make their pathetic efforts to cheat a waste of time.
    07-07-2010 11:53 PM
    Why bother?

It's an online poll which, of course, means nothing.
    07-07-2010 11:56 PM
    Doesn't matter. I was a Pre owner.
    You know when the Palm Pre Plus won that other competition?

Yeah, Precentral members were using scripts.
    The competition doesn't mean much.
    07-07-2010 11:58 PM
    Just so we can see them waste all their time and effort in an attempt to cheat and still lose
    07-07-2010 11:58 PM
    Doesn't matter. I was a Pre owner.
    You know when the Palm Pre Plus won that other competition?

Yeah, Precentral members were using scripts.
    The competition doesn't mean much.
    It is sad they have a 10 page thread dedicated to the poll LMAO!
    07-07-2010 11:59 PM
    Yeah, that's how it was with the old smartphone competition too.
    It's a tight community. Sometimes that is good, sometimes annoying.

Though I'm surprised it's still pretty strong, even after so many of us switched over to the Evo.
    07-08-2010 12:08 AM
    yea thats true but on here there are about 10 threads on it so i would say its equally as sad
    07-08-2010 12:43 AM
    If you were stuck with a pre and couldnt upgrade to a new device yet, you'd be in denial too.
    07-08-2010 07:10 AM
    Whoever wins the poll, it doesn't change the fact that the incredible is a better device

Sent from my Droid
    07-08-2010 07:17 AM
    I swithed to the Evo from the Pre. But let's face it WebOS is the best OS now and to the future even without the support that Android and Iphone get. Now that you people are not using the Pre anymore are bashing it
    rev177#AC likes this.
    07-08-2010 07:36 AM
    Now that you people are not using the Pre anymore are bashing it
    This is 100% true.
    07-08-2010 07:47 AM
    I am a launch day Pre to Launch day EVO Convert but ... what does this thread have anything to do with our beloved EVO.
    07-08-2010 07:53 AM
    I think the better question is, why all the Android users and no one can make a script to cheat back.
    07-08-2010 08:07 AM
    I swithed to the Evo from the Pre. But let's face it WebOS is the best OS now and to the future even without the support that Android and Iphone get. Now that you people are not using the Pre anymore are bashing it

Probably because they like their phone and they don't need a "moral victory" to justify their choice.

Also, the Incredible has been sold out for a while and won't be back in stock until almost 3 weeks from now! That means their community is verrrry small...
    07-08-2010 08:18 AM
    Why bother?

It's an online poll which, of course, means nothing.
    ^That.

Online polls = lol
    07-08-2010 08:31 AM
    I think the better question is, why all the Android users and no one can make a script to cheat back.
    Because unlike my Pre, I actually have apps on my EVO that keep me occupied with other things.
    07-08-2010 09:33 AM
    Unless I'm missing something there is no way to cheat unless you use different computers with different IP addresses. You can refresh all you want and vote again but the count does not change and you get a message that says "Thank you, your vote has already been counted"

I still use my Pre as my primary device and use my EVO as a tablet / secondary phone. Both devices have their strengths and weaknesses.

Lets face it. WebOS is by far the best mobile operating system out there. If you don't believe that, you are in denial. If only it had more developer support, better hardware and Google or Apples marketing machine, it would rule the world.
    07-08-2010 09:56 AM
    Unless I'm missing something there is no way to cheat unless you use different computers with different IP addresses. You can refresh all you want and vote again but the count does not change and you get a message that says "Thank you, your vote has already been counted"

I still use my Pre as my primary device and use my EVO as a tablet / secondary phone. Both devices have their strengths and weaknesses.

Lets face it. WebOS is by far the best mobile operating system out there. If you don't believe that, you are in denial. If only it had more developer support, better hardware and Google or Apples marketing machine, it would rule the world.
    I loved my Pre, but let's get real. Any mobile OS that forces you to have a blank homescreen and forces you to leave a launcher open button in its "ribbon" (or whatever it's called) when there's a gesture built in for it, has issues.
    07-08-2010 10:01 AM
    I loved WebOS but it is seriously lacking in the hardware dept.
    07-08-2010 10:32 AM
    Apple people say there's a app for that and pre people say there's a patch for that, i was a pre user that switched to the Evo i left because the apps on the pre sucked i wish it was a patch for that problem
    07-08-2010 10:38 AM
    I switched to EVO from the Pre too. Yes, WebOS is great but OH SO BORING and SLOW compared to ANY new Android phone!

WebOs is Pretty, but for a phone that can Do it All, EVo, Incredible, Droid 2, Eris, DOES!!

Palm is just too slow on getting with the program!
    07-08-2010 10:40 AM
    What they are tryin to do is drum up developer interest in the pre by showing it can win in online polls. Lack of developer interest was a deal killer for me. What could is the OS without the apps you need to use on your phone?
    07-08-2010 10:45 AM
    Hardware aside, WebOS by itself is a great mobile platform.

You can't seriously deny - if you spent any time with WebOS - that multitasking with it is just a breeze, and the OS is so intuitive that it only takes a few minutes to learn the basics and be productive on it. For tweaking, no rooting needed, just a turn Developer mode on and you could start customizing your device. And Palm even provided a tool to get the device back to factory settings in case you messed up bad...simply brilliant.

Unfortunately, as it has been Palm's tradition for the last few years, WebOS was released lacking basic functionality available on prior Palm devices, and the hardware left much to be desired in terms of quality and durability. Coupled with lack of effective company marketing, the OS so far has not been embraced by many on the developing community.

Sadly, I don't see a bright future for WebOS on the smartphone market at all. However, I am very pleased that Google has hired the man behind WebOS UI development to work on future Android versions. If Android adopts the ease of use of webOS future releases, it will make this the dominant platform for mobile computing for years to come.
    07-08-2010 10:50 AM
    Wow lot if confused people here. Webos probably has the best USER INTERFACE.

Operating system and user interface are two different things.
    Webos did not have a voice recorder, voice dialer, useful apps, customization, code optimization, nothing. It lacked in features. It just looked pretty. Don't kid yourself.

The reason I started hating he precentral community is because they started to become heavy fanboys.

Google went for features first, which is why I like them. Palm was too small of a company and went too slowly. They should have just hired that Jason Robitaille guy.
    oddlou likes this.
    07-08-2010 10:51 AM
    I loved my Pre and WebOS. But the WebOS fanatics are beyond ridiculous with their "it's by far the best OS out there" crap. An operating SYSTEM is more than the UI. The TMC error=inefficient OS. Slow, laggy phone on basic functions, including email, calendar, messaging, and PHONE!!!!=inefficient OS. Lack of functionality that most other smartphones have, such as voice dialing (even if YOU don't use it-I never cared for that before)=not fully baked OS. Lack of developers: sorry, but the ecosystem of apps does make a difference as to which OS can get the most done. Right now, WebOS is missing a lot of great apps you can get with the other major mobile players.

The fact of the matter is that I can do more with Android out of the box than I could ever do with my fully patched and overclocked Pre. I haven't rooted because I haven't needed to. I can multi-task just as well, and, in some ways, better, on my EVO. I don't ever have to shut down my phone just to get it to work like I often had to do with my Pre. You can blame the issues on hardware all you want, but the Pre's processor is still good and the Pre plus has plenty of ram. WebOS is simply not an efficient operating system at the moment. Maybe new hardware will allow them to power through their issues, but we'll have to wait and see about that.

The one thing I really miss about the Pre is how open Palm allowed the operating system to be and how simple it was to hack. Who knows if HP will have the same philosophy. The developer community over there is fantastic, as well.
    07-08-2010 10:54 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD