Buying the EVO Online

DrFitness

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I want to buy my evo online (best buy or HTC's website) and wait for it to ship. I plan on selling my blackberry on ebay in the meantime.

When are you actually charged for the phone/service when you purchase online? Do you have to pay for the phone upfront, but pay the activation fee, and plan fees when you get the phone? Or do you have to pay for everything upfront?

Thanks!

androidian

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I bought mine outright for full price on Sprint's website, and paid for it immediately with a credit card. Very easy and was shipped overnight to me, but then again I was already a Sprint customer. I stared getting charged for the EVO service the day I activated it. Oh and no activation or shipping fee if you do it online too.

My 2 cents fwiw.

bassmanxu

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Androidian is correct.

I bought mine online as well and had the update discount. So i paid $299 up front + tax, no activiation fee. My plan (extra $10 data fee in my case) did not start until I activated the phone.

beaker77

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I bought one for my wife on Saturday from Wirefly.com. Their site said there was a 2-3 week wait but we got it today. The price is $189.99 from Wirefly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay