Okay, so this is a question I have because I can't figure it out.

I got my EVO a month agoand never had my time without signal greater than 1%. This week, I just went back to work after medical leave. Now, where I work traditionally has crappy Sprint service. Though, I did not power my phone on until I got to work just to check out exactly how it would function.

So, I powered the phone on at 6:49 AM this morning. I see "Time without signal" as 28% right now. But the phone has a 3G connection and two bars of service.

I know bars do not mean much, but I am getting notifications, emails, texts, a few calls.

If I always have service (two bars), why is my T.W.S. so high all of a sudden?
    07-09-2010 06:37 AM
    Though, I did not power my phone on until I got to work just to check out exactly how it would function.
    When you say "power my phone on", do you mean started up cold, and saw the animated power up sequence?

If so, I'm puzzled too. But unless you had previously fully shut down the phone (as opposed to just briefly pushing the power button to turn off the screen) Android is still running, updating stuff in the background, waiting for phone calls, etc. Could that explain your observation?

I only know two ways to totally shut down the phone: pull the battery, or hold the power button down until you get the "Phone Options" popup, then choose "Power Off". Unless you did one of those (or yet another option I don't know about...) your phone was still running.
    07-09-2010 07:06 AM
    Yes, it was off all night, charging...

This morning,w hen I got to work, I turned it on for the first time. Saw the Sprint screen, the 4G screen, etc.
    07-09-2010 07:37 AM
    I typically have a TWS of 20-30% with 2 to 3 bars at work!
    yes I did do the #*#*4636*#*# and ensured that I am CDMA Auto PRL.

any ideas?

qu1nn
    07-09-2010 11:13 AM
    its prob just the building structure. I get this too at work and even roam sometimes in the building.
    I only see it at my day job though.
    07-09-2010 12:47 PM
    I got you all beat, 93% today!

I've have 1-3 bars all day, and have received multiple call, texts, and emails without delay.

Most days its like 35-55%, but i have yet to have issues... I wonder if one bar counts as no signal in this %?
    07-09-2010 12:50 PM
    AGBenson88, I am thinking that is what it means. It's just odd. I've had no service degredation at all, but it is just odd.

I do see my battery is lower than it usually is, but I attribute that to my poor coverage.
    07-09-2010 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD