Mail in Rebate Problems Check Status!!!

mdpre

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I purchased my EVO online on June 5th and sent in the rebate a few days later... Today I checked the status and it said rebate declined due to the purchase date being outside of the eligible dates. Apparently there was a problem with the date on the form I sent in. After an hour of hassling with Sprint Customer Service I got it all sorted out. If anyone else bought an EVO online around that time I suggest checking your rebate status.

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I also just got notification that my rebate was declined, due to not including the receipt with the rebate form. I ordered it from Sprint.com, so i did not receive a receipt with the phone. I emailed the rebate center to complain, and am waiting for a response from them as we speak.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
You guys are unfortunately experiencing nothing new... Sprint really needs to get their MIR process in order, or they will keep getting customers who go to Best Buy, etc (like me).

My MIR was declined for the same exact reason, drjb74. I ordered via telesales, I provided my order confirmation/email receipt with the MIR form, but received nothing further from Sprint when my phone came. They did not accept what I sent. WUT? :)

Last edited:

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I am still waiting for the response. I have been with Sprint for over 10 years, and I can honestly say I have never had this issue before. According to their timeframe, I should receive a response with 48 hours, which, according to the email, should be this evening sometime.

gmoney144

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
rebate

Call customer service and have them connect to the rebate center. Follow the prompts and talk to someone there. I was initially declined and they gave me a promotion code, fax number and instructed me to put my cell and address number, cover letter and receipt or proof of online order. 72 hours later it shows that its being processed. the rep said about 30 days. Hope that helps.

slschmidt76

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
That's just great. I ordered mine from Sprint.com and the only receipt I got was the one that came with the phone in the shipment box. So that's what I sent in. Nice to know that I am probably gonna have the same problem.....

Burnt Toast

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've never had an issue with mail-in rebates with phones that I just bill to my account and purchase at the store... however, it still is at the dreaded 58% right now and hasn't updated for at least three weeks now. :I

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I received a response from Sprint today, not within the 48 hours as promised, but a response nonetheless. They said they realized that I bought it through the Sprint website, and found the information they needed to process the rebate in their system. They have approved it, and I should be receiving my rebate in the next 2-4 weeks via mail. Not exactly smooth sailing, but it all worked out in the end.

daving313

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I noticed an equipment credit in my first bill bringing the cost of the phone down to 199. I also bought through Sprint.com...Did anyone else get this instant credit on Sprint.com?

abarca326

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
From what i know on buying my phones through sprint.com there is like a packaging form that comes in the box and that has to go along with the rebate.

aspen_matthews

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
My rebate is listed as received on the site on June 21st (I ordered my phone on the 6th, got it a few days later, and mailed the rebate out around the 11th or 12th) and is still sitting at 58%. I'd have to go home and check all my paperwork, but I ordered mine on the phone and included all the paperwork they told me to. After paying my $438 bill last week, I certainly hope my $100 doesn't get held up any longer than normal. Ugh.

JCool525

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I checked my rebate status today and it was also declined for some odd reason. However, I will check with customer service tomorrow and see why. I ordered my EVO on the 5th and received it several days later.
Will see what happens...

aspen_matthews

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
The form specifically says to include teaching slip if ordered from sprint

Where does it say this? I rechecked my photocopy of the rebate form last night and also looked on sprintrebates.com this morning and all is says is this:

"Include your sales receipt, email receipt, online order summary printout, or packing slip. Must be dated between 7/8/10 and 9/11/10."

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
The rebate requires you to send in the packing slip from your phone if you ordered it online through Sprint.com. If you didn't send this, email CS from the rebate page (Contact Us tab on the left), and tell them you ordered it online through the Sprint website. They were able to look it up on my account, and process the rebate that way.

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
This is exactly why I bought my phone from Best Buy as all rebates were instant. I took a temp job like 5 years ago for a few months working for a rebate call center and they are so shady on ways to decline someone for their rebate. One person I remember forgot to check a box to specify if they were Ms. Mrs. or Mr. for their name and was denied their rebate as the form was not completely filled out.

colecoyates

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I purchased my EVO online on June 5th and sent in the rebate a few days later... Today I checked the status and it said rebate declined due to the purchase date being outside of the eligible dates. Apparently there was a problem with the date on the form I sent in. After an hour of hassling with Sprint Customer Service I got it all sorted out. If anyone else bought an EVO online around that time I suggest checking your rebate status

All you have to do is just call the rebate center and they acan reverse it. its a system malfunction that automatically denies them even though you are eligible. i had a couple of these when i used to work at sprint. so just call the rebate department and they will reverse it and send you your check withing 7-10 business days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia