white rev.003 has a better screen than black rev. 003

silversentra1999

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
ok so long story short, i was a devoted web os user who defected to android for the evo. i couldn't wait for good hardware. so i got a rev 003 black evo about a week and a half ago and fell in love with it. Then the Update happed. and i was having a flashback to webos updates. I was looking for what broke, when my phone's screen just flipped out whenever it wanted to. i was pissed.

So i went to best buy got on the list for white evo, and finally i got it yesterday. Its great looking by the way, and the guy there was cool, he let me try to key the screen of the old one. And surprisingly it didn't scratch, and i gave it all i had too ( we have kick ass glass on our phones). But anyway i get the phone in my hand and immediatly i realized the screen on this thing was way sharper than my old one. and i read up while waiting for my white one, that the 002 screens were better than the purple tainted 003 screens. So i wanna be the first witness to say the new 003 screens from the white best buy exclusive evos are different from the black 003 screens:D. and the pixles are sharper too. I put my phone next to a friends phone which was a black 003 from best buy and we had maximum brightness, and the galaxy live paper on . there is a sharp diffrence between them. and not only was mime brighter, but the white was whiter, and the pixles looked way better in general. it is different. now i just need someone to confirm.

aimzmarie

May 9, 2010
Visit site
i think we have come to the conclusion that many of the phones have different screens. we also know that it is a manufacturing issue.

at this point i would really hope that we not post about hardware number unless there is a huge significant difference in the phones that has not already been noticed in the past.

just saying.

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Who the hell cares.. jesus some people will find anything to complain about. I have an Epson and I've seen a Novatec... yeah it might be a bit brighter... just like the next guys peni$ might also be bigger/smaller than yours... who cares.

Be happy with what you have, if your device works properly stop obsessing over every little detail. Both screens work equally well if they didn't HTC wouldn't have interchanged them.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The OP was just sharing his experience, so please chill out.

Having said that, I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that the white EVO screens are better than the black EVO screens. Based on my experience, when I've exchanged phones or compare mine to others, sometimes I'll get a screen that's whiter/bluer and other times I'll get one that's more dull and yellowish, even when the hardware is at the same Rev level.

Tyler Durden

May 14, 2010
Visit site
my girlfriend just got the white EVO, I compared her screen to mine.. it is brighter..
but you only notice that when the phones are side by side...
I was helping her set things up on her phone and going back and forth between hers and mine and I never noticed a difference until I held them up together side by side.

It doesn't matter one bit, get over it and move on.:)

silversentra1999

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
yeah guys, i only wanted to shed some light on weather they may have seen the error of putting a "not as great" looking screen in the phone. I thought everyone would be happy to see the new version of the phone improved on the last. geez. sorry i mentioned it.

silversentra1999

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
i think im a bit used to hearing more positive feedback, im from pre central i switched over to this site thinking we would have positive feedback flowing around. lets lighten up.