HTC Sense weather widget not updating?

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone had this problem on the Evo? I made sure mine is set to auto-update, but even after finding my current location, it won't display any weather info.

If it can't be fixed, I'll just end up using the Weather Channel widget instead.

sincityk9

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Mines been doing that for a while. If I refresh it it works sometimes. This is the only thing wrong with an awesome phone so I can live with it.

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I've had that happen. The last time I ended up turning the phone off and back on and that resolved it. I also had a problem where the time in the widget was stuck and was 6 hours off. Turning off and back on took care of that as well.

jeraymondjr

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I stopped using the Sense weather widget because it wouldn't update properly. At 10:00pm it would still show sunny weather. Finally around 11pm it would show the moon.

Lupevalenz#AC

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
I stopped using that HTC Sense weather widget and just use Beautiful Widgets weather one. Better syncing and love you can customize with icons :)

geekaren

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
I stopped using that HTC Sense weather widget and just use Beautiful Widgets weather one. Better syncing and love you can customize with icons :)
I also use the Beautiful Widgets weather widget.

It offers multiple weather sources so if one source doesn't seem to be working properly, the other probably will work okay. (I should also add that I haven't had any refresh problems when using AccuWeather as source.)

woody843

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
mine started that and i found out if i went to the settings and went to accounts and sync my sync was turned off now it works perfect

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
gotta make sure that the other thing in the location menu is checked./..

Use Wireless Networks HAS to be checked, otherwise weather wont show....

gps does not have to be, neither does location.

Reactions: Skynet3132

dwilli

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I had the same thing...time would update but not the weather. When i went to accounts & sync I manually synced the "weather" icon (last one at the bottom). That didn't do anything so I went back in and pressed the "Sync all" button and made sure the "auto-sync" button was checked. That did it.

Ace90

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
This fixed my update problem

I had the same thing...time would update but not the weather. When i went to accounts & sync I manually synced the "weather" icon (last one at the bottom). That didn't do anything so I went back in and pressed the "Sync all" button and made sure the "auto-sync" button was checked. That did it.

Do what this post recommends. It fixed my weather update problem. I had the problem since I got my EVO. Now it is resolved.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Mine has been losing my current location, when I manualy resync its says my data connection has dropped while updating. What's going on here?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21