4 hour conversation uses 93% battery life.

AngryCPA

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Pick up some extra batteries. This was the best purchase for the phone I've made so far. They last as long as OEM (so far, but for $10 bucks Im not expecting the world), and the charger can charge the OEM battery as well.

Interestingly enough, Ive noticed the OEM battery lasts longer when you charge it with the charger that comes with these batteries. Others have noticed this as well (I think there is a thread on this somewhere).

Good luck!

2X NEW 1500MAH BATTERY + CHARGER FOR SPRINT HTC EVO 4G - eBay (item 250650088441 end time Jul-12-10 13:19:39 PDT)

mansouan

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I can vouch for these batteries too. I have purchased four of them and they take absolutely no space in your back pocket (you know, the one in which you don't keep your wallet).

If I am traveling and don't have the appropriate environment to charge, I'll flip in a new battery when I am at 20% charge and have a minute to do so. Two of these batteries (combined with the OEM battery) will get you through the work day with absolutely no battery management effort at all - keep 4G on the whole time and the screen at full brightness if you want.

Oh, but don't use the USB port on the charger that comes with it. It will render your touch screen inoperable (while it is plugged in - did not cause any permanent damage). Maybe an issue solved with the update which I still haven't performed.

Last edited:

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, looking through Spint's site the Evo actually has the highest talk time of any phone they offer, smartphone down to the basic flip phone. Blackberry talk time is only listed at 4 hours.

Granted with an Evo you're going to deplete the battery doing other things, so that has to be taken into consideration. But if you start with a full charge, you'll get as much talk time as any CDMA phone out there.

kennycrudup

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I can vouch for these batteries too.
I bought a set (two batteries and charger), too. It works OK, but the replacement batteries don't last as long as the OEM one. I can get 19hrs from the OEM battery, but only about 10 on one of those (and it had a chance to recharge from nearly dead twice).

Oh, but don't use the USB port on the charger that comes with it. It will render your touch screen inoperable (while it is plugged in - did not cause any permanent damage). Maybe an issue solved with the update which I still haven't performed.
Huh. Noticed that too with that charger. Anyway, I have the Sprint update and it still does it for me, too. I think it's doing something (ground loops?) that's throwing the capacitive touchscreen off (if you're persistent, you can get it to work a little).

chaosrecords

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
a 4 hour long call would cause excessive heat.

Temperature change directly effects a battery's efficiency.

Was the screen on and it on speaker the whole time as well? That plus not having a strong signal would be the reason for your issue.

When they give you a "talk time" of xxx hours they dont mean " in a row". Its an average.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid