My only complaint

pank

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm now into my third week (iPhone user / 99.9% sure I'm sticking with the Evo) and so far my only beef is the amount of internal storage. I really don't understand why they couldn't have put in 4-8GB of internal storage.

I'll probably update my SD card to 16GB or wait it out until 32's get cheaper...

Regarding the storage I also do have two questions.
1. I still have 284MB of internal storage left. What happens if I run out? I see FroYo will allow you to install apps to the SD card but I'm really curious if all of you think the amount of internal storage will ever become an issue.

2. If I do upgrade my SD card I'm assuming that I can just copy then entire contents to my computer then copy everything back when the new card is installed?

Thanks all.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Regarding the storage I also do have two questions.
1. I still have 284MB of internal storage left. What happens if I run out? I see FroYo will allow you to install apps to the SD card but I'm really curious if all of you think the amount of internal storage will ever become an issue.

2. If I do upgrade my SD card I'm assuming that I can just copy then entire contents to my computer then copy everything back when the new card is installed?

Thanks all.

1. I don't see this becoming an issue for me, I don't install that many apps on my phone. As you stated, it would have been nice to have additional internal storage. I believe the HTC Incredible which has almost identical hardware that the Evo except no 4G and slightly smaller screen, has internal 8GB of storage memory in addition to the MicroSD. Why not the Evo, perhaps lack of space with extra camera circuit or the additional 4G radio. With Froyo however we will have more storage memory flexibility.

2. You are exactly right here, connect the phone to the computer as an USB drive and create a folder on your desktop where to dump all your card. Copy all those folder/files to the new card and you are good to go.

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The incredible still has a separate storage for apps thats different than the 8GB internal for Music, Pics, etc.

LipGloss712

May 17, 2010
Visit site
i think the memory is enough for apps, but i am annoyed that the sd card can glitch because it has happened before and i have lost pics and other data that was not backed up on my computer.