EVO Touch Problems

Thephatrican

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I am having a few problems with my HTC EVO 4G..

Right now, it's almost completely unusable.

Whenever I hit any of the buttons on the bottom (Home, Menu, Back, and Search), it will actually begin to pull down the notification bar. Now this isn't the only problem I'm having either. When I try to text, and I hit where it says Tap to Compose, it'll pull down the notification bar. If I'm lucky enough to get the keyboard to show up and I start typing, it'll type, but then the letter "T" will be typed over and over again. Once I get out of this, I notice that the Main Clock/Weather widget will attempt to move (all by itself).

Sometimes it's almost impossible to get past the regular lock screen (where I need to drag the bar down).

Now I already did a Factory Data Reset and I'm still having a problem.

I'm thinking about going to the Sprint Store, but I rather not have to go there since it is a quite a drive to get to a repair center (One hour).

Any help would be great..

PS- I never rooted my phone or any of that fun stuff yet.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Return it.
Call Sprint and complain. They should send you a replacement 1 day after they order it. They can order it if it's before noon I think.

Punkidish

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If the drive is far, calling would be my first option. If not, just go to the repair store. Gotta do what you gotta do. Sorry about the bad luck.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah... I prefer calling cause I can get multiple tries in at once.

Going to the store, just for them to say no, is disconcerting.
So just call and talk to a representative. Tell them your problem... they should order one for you by tomorrow noon...

If the first call doesn't work out... then call again. Repeat until they order another for you.

If all goes well, then you should receive your new/refurbished evo Tuesday.

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Where did you purchase the phone. If it was Best Buy or Radio Shack, they may tell you that you have to return it there.

--
Swyped on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

Thephatrican

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I bought it at Radioshack, but I bought it on the first day that it came out so it is no longer under a return policy.

I called just like Kedar and Punkidish suggested, and they ordered me a new EVO after running through a Hard Reset. He did say that it would take about 3 business days to get the new one, and of course I have to return my old, defective EVO.

Thanks for the suggestion on calling!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy