all the people I ever emailed with my gmail account shown as contacts on my phone?

tracerit

May 16, 2010
Visit site
how do i get rid of them? when i started a new text message and selected "People", all these email addresses popped up and it seems it's all the email addresses i ever communicated with my gmail account. I just want my phone's contacts. h

how do i remove these contacts from showing up?

tracerit

May 16, 2010
Visit site
that has been unchecked though. it doesn't show up with I go into People from the Phone window, but when I go to the Messaging window, all those email addresses still show up.

Lookout Mobile also backed up those email addresses too...

tracerit

May 16, 2010
Visit site
yeah, that's already checked. the problem isn't with the Phone contacts, it's when I use the messsaging app.

Here, do this:

Go to Phone > People > View > (my settings are below:)

Only contacts with phone numbers CHECKED
Google (275) CHECKED (if this is unchecked, i don't see any of my "My Contacts")
Show auto Gmail contacts UNCHECKED
Phone (0) CHECKED

With those settings I only see my "My Contacts". It seems I need to have the "My Contacts" contacts transferred to the phone, but how?

Now go to Messaging > New Message > People
Now this is where I still get all those gmail email addresses showing up. I want them gone from the sMessaging app. Does anyone else have this issue, where the email addresses will show for the Messaging app but not for the Phone?

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Do you want them gone from your Gmail account permanently?
Then go to www.gmail.com and just take them out there...

I don't know... how to make them disappear off otherwise.
I had this problem with the Palm Pre... stupid synergy sync'd everybody and everything.

tracerit

May 16, 2010
Visit site
i don't want them gone from my gmail account, just from showing up on my phone (more specifically the Messaging app).

oh well, google ****ing wins.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
OHHHH
Found a solution.

Download Handcent SMS.
It's a better messaging app.
Then go to your regular messaging app-->menu-->settings-->Uncheck "Received notification"

And use Handcent... I use it and so do many others. It's basically the same as the old messaging app but you have themes and can make things look the way you want it.

its_miller_time

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I have this problem as well.

I have the settings you do, and they still show up...so this is what Id id.

I did an inital sync of contacts with my phone, then went online to my contacts, deleted those that I did not need nor want (was over 150 or so), then re-synced. Then I jsut turned off the contact syncing feature on my EVO.

I dont need my contacts synced every time I check GMAIL. If I see Im adding a lot of people that I need to update online, then I will take the steps to listed above.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
OHHHH
Found a solution.

Download Handcent SMS.
It's a better messaging app.
Then go to your regular messaging app-->menu-->settings-->Uncheck "Received notification"

And use Handcent... I use it and so do many others. It's basically the same as the old messaging app but you have themes and can make things look the way you want it.

So because it has themes it's a better messaging app?

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

No handcent is a better messaging app because:
1. You can make your text message previews private
2. Customize, customize, customize (themes,etc.)
3. You can use any media for ringtones without having to place them into a notification or alarm folder.
4. Blacklist people from texting you
5. Password protect your text.

I could go on, but whats the point...........:cool:

Last edited:

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site

There are other features... themes is all I use though. I don't care for password protection and private messages.

But it will solve his problem of all the e-mails showing up.

Last edited:

tracerit

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Not liking the iPhone look on the handcent so I'm gong to try out the other more generic look, but it looks like what I need. Thanks

xorbe

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I switched to handcent also. I turned off FB sync too, because I had like 1000 friends ... what a shock when I had to scroll through like 1000 numbers. How stupid that it doesn't even ask before doing that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20