battery monitoring page??

oasis9389

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
excuse me for my n00b'ness however i see a lot of screen shots on the evo of a page that tells you what part of your phone is draining the most battery.

Is this a stock app or is it something i have to download?

if someone could point me in the right way w/o replying "omg use search" that would be great..

thanks.

oasis9389

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
thanks. i am at 2 hours and 25 mins and i have 45% left.. i don't know what to do.. that is just unacceptable. says android system is at 43%

newmomto1

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
thanks. i am at 2 hours and 25 mins and i have 45% left.. i don't know what to do.. that is just unacceptable. says android system is at 43%
where do you find where it tells you what percentage of battery life is left? On mine all have is a line, it doesn't show an actual number %.
?????

oasis9389

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
oh for that i have a basic battery widget.. there are a ton of them if you just search the market 'battery widget' most are free.

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

well what is your "display" on time? if your display has also been on for 2 hours and 25 minutes, then this would make sense.

oasis9389

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
also how come i don't see any apps listed there, and in some screen shot on here i see all the apps that are using battery listed.

thanks.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
also how come i don't see any apps listed there, and in some screen shot on here i see all the apps that are using battery listed.

thanks.

what are you currently syncing? and how often? what is your screen birghtness set at? what widgets do you have running? how often are those widgets updating?

answering these questions will give us a better idea of how to help you.

oasis9389

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
well. i was at 100% brightness. i lowered it today to 50% didn't even realize that.

I have beautiful widget on my home page updating every 3 hours, is that alot?
I have everything turned off, other than mobile network.
I used to have friendstream updating but i removed the widget (not using it) also i have the fav's contact widget open, and i think that updates from friendstream too. should i shut that off?

I use a task killer to kill apps i am not using but i have read that, that can actually hurt the battery.

oasis9389

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I also always have gtalk signed in.. idk if that is a battery killer, but its something i use.. at some point i could just be on airplane mode and last 3 days.. i have to use some features.

oasis9389

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
i have spare parts.. its hard to read for me.. i have seen apps in the battery usage stock page on screen shots posted.. but i don't see apps listed on mine.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Settings / Phone / Battery / Battery Use is the closest I've seen without a third party tool. You can then tap on each entry to get a little more information for it.