Summer vacation and the EVo

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok so my girlfriend and I went on an epic roadtrip this last week. We covered over 4.5k miles from Austin,Tx -South Dakota- Wyoming-Utah- New Mexico- Austin, Tx. We basically went on a national park tour across the country. Here are a few photos that I took with my EVO while on vacation. I took a ton more but these were the best ones.
Enjoy !

Gelst's Photostream

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok so my girlfriend and I went on an epic roadtrip this last week. We covered over 4.5k miles from Austin,Tx -South Dakota- Wyoming-Utah- New Mexico- Austin, Tx. We basically went on a national park tour across the country. Here are a few photos that I took with my EVO while on vacation. I took a ton more but these were the best ones.
Enjoy !

Gelst's Photostream

Those are really good pics. and they say the EVO doesn't take good pictures. I have had similar experiences with my EVO this summer and taking pics. I don't know what people are complaining about. The pics are amazing.

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
How was the phone itself? How did it perform, both in battery and cellular service? Nice pics btw.

The phone was amazing in every way. I got the phone the day before I left on vacation and I did not have much time to play with it before I left. Every night after a long drive I got a few minutes to play with the phone and download apps or whatever. While on the trip the phone was my main GPS and I used Google Navigation the whole time I was driving. The battery was fine, I kept it plugged in during the drive though because I did not want my phone to die while navigating. I was able to watch the world cup final soccer match while on the road! I only lost sprint service once or twice and we were usually in the mountains. Even in Yellowstone I had service and it was great. My old phone was a Palm Pre and I will never look back. The EVO is me and I must say the EVO is the best phone i have ever owned. For anyone on Sprint not wanting to switch to the EVO I highly recommend you give it a try, you will not be disappointed. Waiting for the EVo was well worth the wait.

Kaskimondo

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Congrats on your trip, your new Evo & nice pics!

My lady and I have also taken several road trips like yours, always so memorable and awesome. You get to see so many cool things on the road. I just wish we had the Evo when we made our trips!

TrueDrooid

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Did you manage to geo tag your photos? Just curious to how that works as I have never used geo tagging or even know how to see geo tagging information like on the web

Last edited:

capnhowdy18

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I only lost sprint service once or twice and we were usually in the mountains. Even in Yellowstone I had service and it was great.

Thats great to hear, I'm heading out to Yellowstone this weekend for a week and I was curious as to how the reception was going to be.

Chris5#WN

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Summer vacation has turned funny for me as I arrived home yesterday afternoon to see a shiny new Evo boxed up on the dining room table addressed to my step-father who currently owns the rant i think its called ... what a night and day difference in upgrading phones, gonna have to play tech support on that one ...

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Did you manage to geo tag your photos? Just curious to how that works as I have never used geo tagging or even know how to see geo tagging information like on the web

I have never used geotagging before but I was sure that I had ti one. may not have and I am not sure how to tell either. I did however use my footprint app a lot , at almost every stop and that one basically put a point on the map so I can document my trip and all the places that I stopped at.

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Thats great to hear, I'm heading out to Yellowstone this weekend for a week and I was curious as to how the reception was going to be.

You will lose reception sometimes in the park. In the little towns and stuff you will get great reception. How cow Yellowstone is amazing.. It was by far the most amazing part of the trip. The weather was amazing and the sights and sounds of the park were the best. Enjoy it and take lots of pictures !

I saw a bear, buffalo, bald eagle in his nest at one of the falls, 12 point buck, elk it was all simply amazing.