Help with qik

calibergsd

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
When I go to connect with my gf's phone it rings on her end and works... but when she goes to connect with me it just sends me a txt message and give me a link to go online to talk..... can anyone help?

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue. My calls in are a text message that I can not answer. I can call out though.

I also have little to no sound on my end. :(

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed if you don't have qik running in the background it will send a text message. Also, if your not on a 4g or WiFi connection, 3g will have a button to push to talk since 3g is a slower connection.

barleysoda

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I both have EVO's and cant get qik to work. I have tried making sure Qik was running on both phones yet nothing...nothing but a text message with a link that takes us to a website that then tells us to gfy.

We have the latest version of qik for evo installed as well. It doesnt matter which phone we initiate the call from...same result.

Last week we finally got the fring/skype video chat working but it was lousy. The echo was too bad to actually use it. Now that quick working too.

Basically the front facing camera is now useless. I cant believe HTC didnt have an HTC app for using the front camera for video chat.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
When you open the Qik app tap on video chat. On the top right you'll see your username. Is there a gree dot next to it or a gray one? If it's grey you wont be able to connect. I had the same problem and I noticed mine was gray for some reason. Make sure you're signed in and the dot is green and it should work fine.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
are both parties already online and ready to connect? That can make the difference Im sure.
Also you both setup your accts on Quik before hand?

On the push to talk thing, I was on 4G and my friend on Wifi, what we noticed is the person who iniciated the call did not have the push to talk. The other party did though.

Weird, but thats what I saw. I did two chats with one friend, same connection within minutes. Only diff was a diff person iniciated the chat and thats when we saw the diff.

He said my end looked very good. I was on low 4G signal.
His end looked kinda choppy and was on wifi.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't have WIFI by me yet but I've used the video chat on both 3G and WIFI and both times the person that received the "call" had the push to talk button.

barleysoda

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
When you open the Qik app tap on video chat. On the top right you'll see your username. Is there a gree dot next to it or a gray one? If it's grey you wont be able to connect. I had the same problem and I noticed mine was gray for some reason. Make sure you're signed in and the dot is green and it should work fine.

Its green...still just a text message.

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Then delete qik on both phones. Then research for Qik for Evo 4g on the market and reinstall it. Then go through the process of setting it up on both phones. When I got my evo it had it already on there but didn't work. So me and my wife both deleted it from our phones and installed the version for the android market and we don't have any problems.

JERAVICIOUS

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed if you don't have qik running in the background it will send a text message. Also, if your not on a 4g or WiFi connection, 3g will have a button to push to talk since 3g is a slower connection.

This will avoid getting the text message. make sure you guys are both logged onto qik and it will work

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
We have 2 EVOs and when I call my son he can see and hear me but I can only see him. I can't hear him.

Any ideas? Also I can't uninstall and reinstall Qik from Menu/Settings/Applications. Uninstall is not an option.

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
We have 2 EVOs and when I call my son he can see and hear me but I can only see him. I can't hear him.

Any ideas? Also I can't uninstall and reinstall Qik from Menu/Settings/Applications. Uninstall is not an option.

There is a button your son needs to press to be able to talk (almost like a walki talkie.)

Lorak

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site

If your calling him he should have a push to talk button. He has to hold that while he speaks (like a walkie talkie). The person who places the call doesn't have one, but the person recieving the call does.