USB device not recognized

analog_roam

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I plug my Evo into my computer I get this error that the "USB device is not recognized" by windows. It still charges and worked just fine about 3-4 days ago, however now I cannot access the SD card as a drive on my computer. I can get to the SD card on the phone just not as a drive on my computer.

Any thoughts?

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
when this happens to me (never happened on evo)

i just restart

and if that doesn't work i restart with every single usb cable out of the computer then plug them all back in one by one once windows boots all the way up.... (also try plugging your usb cable in a different port then normally used)

try it might work for you too.

also make sure you try restarting your evo

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
when this happens to me (never happened on evo)

i just restart

and if that doesn't work i restart with every single usb cable out of the computer then plug them all back in one by one once windows boots all the way up.... (also try plugging your usb cable in a different port then normally used)

try it might work for you too.

also make sure you try restarting your evo

:( no l;uck

Wmadchef12

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
You have to uncheck debug and check mock location. Turn off your phone and restart. Then for sync options just got to usb. It worked for me i had the same issue i hope this solves yours!

analog_roam

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I restarted my phone, uninstalled HTC Sync, restarted my computer, and plugged the cable into a different USB port and now it seems to be working fine. Thanks for your suggestions!

Cynikal1234

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
i had this same problem. i have 2 cables. one replacement USB cable i got from radioshack and the stock USB cable. For some reason, with my replacement USB, i got the USB device not recognized. But when i used my stock USB, it read everything just fine.

MAD WIL

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
...this happened to me once, the USB icon wouldn't show up. I restarted my EVO and it worked again. Maybe setting the default to "usb drive" will help, but I doubt it.

MAD WIL

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
...this happened to me once, the USB icon wouldn't show up. I restarted my EVO and it worked again. Maybe setting the default to "usb drive" will help, but I doubt it.

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to bump an old post but I currently have this issue. It charges fine while plugged into the computer but just not recognized and I can't mount it.

I'm reading some forum posts that this is a known issue and the EVO USB just breaks randomly. True or false? Any fixes?

Kishuna

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to say I'm having this same problem.

I've tried many other USB cords, I've factory reset my phone, I've tried everything I can think of, but cannot get ANY computer to recognize my phone. :S

And I realize the guy above me bumped an old thread, but figured if it's on the first page, might as well post here than make a new thread. HTC Sync is not compatible with the Evo 4G anymore as well. :S

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to say I'm having this same problem.

I've tried many other USB cords, I've factory reset my phone, I've tried everything I can think of, but cannot get ANY computer to recognize my phone. :S

And I realize the guy above me bumped an old thread, but figured if it's on the first page, might as well post here than make a new thread. HTC Sync is not compatible with the Evo 4G anymore as well. :S

The HTC EVO 4G USB ports are notorious for breaking, like the solder points stop connecting. I had that issue when trying to mod one. I had to have someone type the commands while I kept the cord very still. It will charge but mounting wise, Windows keeps telling me that the "Device has malfunctioned".

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac