Check your Phone!!

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Is this what I am looking for? (mddi_novatec_power: power off.) But I only have hardware version 0002, must be the age of the phone doesn't dictate this since mine isn't even a week old. Sorry for going off topic, didn't mean to hyjack the thread. TIA.

yup, it tells you what LCD type you have.

Droid-One

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I am starting to have to exact same issue and although it is not a big deal, it shouldn't be happening on a high dollar phone. I had a couple of hero's that did the same thing but I didn't expect it from the Evo.

Have any of you guys had any luck with replacement and was it a refurb?
People that got it cleaned out. Was it done correctly?

I can live with it but will replace it before my warranty is up. Just want to know my options.

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The dust is also present on mine (showed up a few weeks ago). As long as it doesn't get any worse, I am fine with it. You can really only even see the dust in CERTAIN lighting (outdoors mostly)or when the screen is OFF. It is really not a nuisance to me at all, just would really hate to see it spread across the whole screen, I will be getting a replacement at that point.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
If anyone here knows a person with an LG dare, that phone came with a dummy plug in the 3.5mm jack that i think was rubber. Ask them if you can use it real quick and pop it in your EVO to see if it fits.

I suspect the 3.5mm jack as being the source for the dust as someone else mentioned.

SFWD1934

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Yes I have that same issue with the top left corner. So darn irritating. Has anyone hears of a remedy for the situation?

Jason

weed

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Dust in my Evo also. Top left corner. My phone is about 6 weeks old, white version. I guess I'll live with for now, now quite irritating enough to go without it while it's getting cleaned. A little disapointed though.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
If anyone here knows a person with an LG dare, that phone came with a dummy plug in the 3.5mm jack that i think was rubber. Ask them if you can use it real quick and pop it in your EVO to see if it fits.

I suspect the 3.5mm jack as being the source for the dust as someone else mentioned.

Mine has been blocked off with electrical tape since day one, I have a small amount but it isn't getting any bigger. Mine has a metallic shine in the light and I suspect its part of the tape material they use to attach the front glass to the phone. I have a complete housing that I bought that I am going to see what causes this. So if I screw up it won't be on on my phone.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Mine has been blocked off with electrical tape since day one, I have a small amount but it isn't getting any bigger.

Thats a funny solution. I assume you have a case on the EVO then to prevent the tape from showing?

Mine has a metallic shine in the light and I suspect its part of the tape material they use to attach the front glass to the phone. I have a complete housing that I bought that I am going to see what causes this. So if I screw up it won't be on on my phone.

No need to screw anything up including your extra case. You might want to ask matt.ny.tech what he thinks. He's a tech for Sprint and i know he's ripped apart an EVO just yesterday because it was mine lol

daving313

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Dust under screen is always a weird issue to me... Never experienced it, and never understood how it ever gets there so far down someones screen.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
What did you have serviced on yours?

My original EVO had the charger port problem.

The replacement EVO had a bad circuit board.

The new replacement EVO had a shattered digitizer.

Matt.ny.tech is the Sprint tech at the local store by me and instead of making me wait for a 3rd replacement he took up the challenge and used the working digitizer from the first replacement, the working board from the second replacement .... mixed it all up in a bag and now i have ::queue scary music:: FRANKEN-EVO!!!!!

debitsohn

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
i exchanged my first evo cuz of dust. the reps looked like they had no idea how it got there. i had to wait about a month but they gave me a brand new evo. they did first offer me a returned evo but there was a scratch around the camera lens so i didnt take it.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
This is my only problem with the EVO, I have had three in a row with the same problem. The first two were out of the box. I wish I could get this fixed in the worst way.

Droid-One

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Here is a little update about my dust issue. Maybe this will be an option at your local sprint store. I went there yesterday and they told me they haven't heard about dust in the screen but said they will replace the lcd and if they can't do that then they will replace it.

I don't know if I would feel comfortable with a tech in the back opening my phone up to replace something but hey if they mess it up, I will be right back to get it replaced with a brand new one. I bought the phone new and have had it for 3 months and I don't think a refurb would be warrented at that point.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I bit the bullet and brought it in to my Sprint store. They did a great job, I got a new screen. I hope this one stays this way.