Check your Phone!!

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
My Evos keep getting dust under the top left corner of the screen, the current one started about the size of a pencil eraser and after three days it has tripled in size. I was starting to think is was the leather HTC holster that you buy at sprint but I re-lined it with a shed Free microfiber clothe and still it is happening.

So if you have it what do you use to carry it?
And where is this located?

This will be submitted to HTC so that they can fix the issue so if you DO NOT have the problem please do not post.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I have dust at the same exact spot. It hasn't gotten that much worse though since I noticed it like two days ago... My Evo is bare though. No case or holster at all.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
HTC is known for that, check the Hero Forums. Sprint ended up taking action and can clean it at a repair center for you, dunno what they will do with the Evo though.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I wonder with the version 003 screens are people having trouble. I haven't noticed any dust under my screen yet and I have almost had it for a month. I had my Hero for a couple of weeks and I noticed the dust. I hope that it doesn't become an issue with my EVO because it was really annoying with my Hero.

PREvision

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I have a version 003. I have dust in the same spot, top left corner. I am not sure if this was there when I bought the phone but I can say more dust is coming in as I big particule of dust is now visible a little further toward the right. This one is big and visible at all time when the screen is off and I am SURE it was not here at the beginning.

I don't understand how dust can get there? May be the back but I removed the battery door only twice in 4 weeks.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I have a version 003. I have dust in the same spot, top left corner. I am not sure if this was there when I bought the phone but I can say more dust is coming in as I big particule of dust is now visible a little further toward the right. This one is big and visible at all time when the screen is off and I am SURE it was not here at the beginning.

I don't understand how dust can get there? May be the back but I removed the battery door only twice in 4 weeks.

I know for a fact that one I pulled out of a box called and activated and sat down at my kitchen table to put my screen guard on and there it was.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I never had any dust on my Hero. I just checked it right now just to make sure. I lucked out because a lot of people I knew had that problem..

@REM, question, does the back cover of your Evo sit flush? Mine doesn't. I noticed when I switched batteries, there was a decent amount of dust n other **** behind the cover. Could it be the dust n stuff is getting behind the cover from it not sitting flush and eventually gets itself behind the screen??

Vegasden

May 13, 2010
vegasden.net
Dust on left...it sounds like problems that also plagues the i-phone...coming from the headphone jack. A fellow EVO owner has the same issue. He went this route to plug the headphone jack hole:
iJackcap

I've read that there are some other "do-it-yourself" solutions, etc. Google "dummy headphone plug" and you'll see it's a lot of different phones.

BigRick10

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I have a friend that's a tech in a service center. She says she will clean it for me. Just been to lazy to go lol. So looks like a tech will clean it if you take it in.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if a seal can be made of RTV that would block dust from entering without needing to constantly have a plug in the headphone jack?

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
This problem needs to be fixed, if I have 4 of them with the same problem there has to be more. I have done everything in my power to prevent this other than keeping it in a sterile plastic bag. When they engineer a device like this you would think that that would be in thier list of what not to do being that a phone is designed to live in a lint filled pocket. I brought mine back to my Sprint repair store and showed them and they were shocked and replaced mine no questions asked. If this one does I will just wait till they can fix it in the store because I love my novatec screen.

Keep posting if you have tis issue because I will forward it to HTC and the more the better.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Dust in the upper left hand corner on mine. Battery cover is flush and tight, my screen is not loose or lifting and I've used my headphones once. I carry mine uncovered usually and slip it in my jeans or shorts pockets often. Mine is version 0002,I've had it since launch day at 6:30 am. The dust appeared about two weeks in.

We have a Sprint store here that supposedly will clean and reseal our units but I haven't been in yet.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro.