Dead Pixel

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Every once in a while I get a stuck pixel and I just push on that one spot. I put just a little pressure on that spot for 5 secs then restart the phone and its gone. Try that but don't push extremely hard or you could crack it or do something else.

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
How old is your phone? If its over 30 days then three only way to get a replacement is through insurance if you have it and a 100 deductible

JoshK

May 30, 2010
Visit site
How old is your phone? If its over 30 days then three only way to get a replacement is through insurance if you have it and a 100 deductible

I can't believe HTC wouldn't warranty against their own defects for at least a year. That's a real shame.

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
You have to understand the return policies on any lcd device. They say unless the dead pixel(s) are in the middle of the screen and it has to be a few of them and be completely distracting, they don't have to warrant the device. When I got my 52" LCD HDTV it has about 10 dead pixel's but in the left hand corner. I was told that it can't be seen unless you are up on the tv very close looking for the dead pixel's then that's the only time your going to see them. Now on a phone like our evo's it should be different as our screens are 4.3" and even 1 dead pixel can be seen no matter what your doing. I had only 2 stuck pixels in different places and it was VERY EYE SOARING.

JoshK

May 30, 2010
Visit site
You have to understand the return policies on any lcd device. They say unless the dead pixel(s) are in the middle of the screen and it has to be a few of them and be completely distracting, they don't have to warrant the device. When I got my 52" LCD HDTV it has about 10 dead pixel's but in the left hand corner. I was told that it can't be seen unless you are up on the tv very close looking for the dead pixel's then that's the only time your going to see them. Now on a phone like our evo's it should be different as our screens are 4.3" and even 1 dead pixel can be seen no matter what your doing. I had only 2 stuck pixels in different places and it was VERY EYE SOARING.

That's unfortunate. I don't understand how a company thinks they can decide what is distracting to a consumer and what isn't.

yoe

Jun 6, 2010
www.bend-music.com
Sprint Bastards

They can do that becuase they're dirty sons of #$@$#

I got my EVO the DAY it came out at the New York store on 34th St. and it only took me a few hours to notice this annoying frozen pixel in the upper right side of my screen (close to the center).

for 30 days I called and went to the store nearly every day (and other Sprint stores as well) and every time I was told that the Evo was out of stock. The Sprint employees refused to take down my name or add me to any list that will have my phone replaced with the 30 day warranty.

Now it's passed the 30 day warranty and Sprint is basically telling me to go F myself. They won't replace the device cause it's passed the 30 day warranty, and they won't replace my device with the insurance cause I only have 1 stuck pixel.

Now for something actually helpful - Try a program called JScreenFix or PixelFixer. And leave them on for like 20 minutes.

It didn't help in my case, but I hope it helps you.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Just got my replacement earlier today and noticed one stuck pixel like the first device I had. I was reading Jscreen's website, and it says to run their fix early in the life of your product with an LCD screen. So since it just turned on out of the box today, I have been running it over and over at 20min intervals. That red pixel seems to be fading slowly, which to me is awesome news.

Also the other key is shutting off the screen and letting it cool down after running this. At least the website says to do so, with anything with an LCD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12