Company in NYC that would root EVO for you?

ldudiaz

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Is there a company/someone that would help you or root your Evo phone for you? for a charge of course.

I have read so many posts on how to root and I dont feel confortable doing it myself

dchamero

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Well, I'm in TX, so I can't help you, but please tell me, I understand you not feeling confident enough to root it yourself, but, why exactly do you want to root it then?. I mean, if you don't want to do it yourself, you will have a problem the next time there is an online update (if you apply it, you will loose root, if not, you will be out of the new functionality or fix).

Why do you need root? is it for the free WIFI Tether? or for another reason?

ALso... which version do you have? sis you apply the OTA update from last month? if not, you can still have "quasi" root functionality with Unrevoked (and it is only an app)

ldudiaz

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Well, I'm in TX, so I can't help you, but please tell me, I understand you not feeling confident enough to root it yourself, but, why exactly do you want to root it then?. I mean, if you don't want to do it yourself, you will have a problem the next time there is an online update (if you apply it, you will loose root, if not, you will be out of the new functionality or fix).

Why do you need root? is it for the free WIFI Tether? or for another reason?

ALso... which version do you have? sis you apply the OTA update from last month? if not, you can still have "quasi" root functionality with Unrevoked (and it is only an app)
I have the latest htc update on the phone. I want to root so I can then install CM6 once he releases the Rom

ldudiaz

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I just finished rooting my evo with unrevoked3, installed rom manager, have wireless tether working, backed up my current rom, which is the original the phone comes with, and now im must waiting for cyanogen to release the froyo one.

Thank you all for the help

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03