Upload photos as they are taken

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I want an app to upload my photos to the Web as soon as the photo is saved to the SD card, without my having to respond to any prompts. An option to paste the URL for each uploaded pic to an IRC channel would be a big plus.

I know I can upload them if view the thumbnails, click the Share button, and then click a bunch more buttons to tell the phone where to upload the pic to, but I don't want to make ANY keypresses beyond the initial press to snap the camera shutter.

Any suggestions?

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
If one of the camera apps lets you set the directory the photos will be saved in. You can use DropBox to automatically sync the DropBox photos folder with it's online picture gallery.

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
The default camera app saves under the DCIM folder, so if I could set DropBox to that, it might work. I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
One thing I like about DropBox is that you can run it, click New > Picture, click the camera shutter, then click Done to upload it. That's close to what I was wanting...but I'll check out Photobucket and PicPush too.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
There is an application called itookthisonmyphone. This app uploads all snapped photos to specified web albums like Picasa, Butterfly, Photobucket, Facebook, Twitter, etc. It also has a setting that deleted the photos from your phone as soon as it is uploaded to prevent clutter in your device.

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Photobucket's app works just like DropBox...you press the shutter button then you're presented with a "try again" button and a Done button. I like DropBox better tho because you can use DB with non-image files too.

However, for the Eye-Fi emulation, it looks like PicPush is the winner. It does everything I requested in the original post, plus it's free.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza