HTC EVO 4G won't connect to Facebook

phstratton

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I've been having this issue with HTC EVO 4G's that have the HTC Sense, and pre-installed Facebook app. When trying to login it says that facebook cannot connect to server, and kicks out a fail log. I can't seem to find any info on this, so it doesn't appear to be a known issue. Hard resetting, uninstalling and reinstalling updates, etc. hasn't worked so far. Has anyone else run into this?

deanot25

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I've downloaded/removed 2.0 several times (cannot login with new OR old version), logged in/out from a computer, changed my password, nothing. Any ideas?

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue with it either taking forever to load, not loading or timing out and I have the photon q.

phstratton

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I ended up replacing the phone. Do you only have that problem with your photon q over the sprint network?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I ended up replacing the phone. Do you only have that problem with your photon q over the sprint network?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

No I honestly think its the facebook app because otherwise my service is fine. I can use every other program perfectly fine and I had the same issue with my old photon 4g as well. I tried friendcaster and never had a problem, I just didn't like its layout.

JusTheTip

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I've been having the same problem.. I tried updating facebook but that didn't work. However, the HTC software update under the system updates tab in the settings got my fb working again.

I registered just to offer my help. Hope it works!

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I've been having the same problem.. I tried updating facebook but that didn't work. However, the HTC software update under the system updates tab in the settings got my fb working again.

I registered just to offer my help. Hope it works!

lol your SN reminds me of a page I "like" on facebook.....

bigdanny82

May 25, 2013
Visit site
All you have to do is update the Facebook app by going to your app store, then go to my apps and click the face book app and hit update then it should tell you to log in again

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca