Evo vs Vibrant observations..

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
So my sister in laws boyfriend came by today. He just bought the Samsung Vibrant right before he came here. So naturally I grabbed it played around with it and compared it to my Evo. I have to say it's by far the best Samsung phone ever made. It's very fast and fluid though that comes at no surprise considering the hardware specs. But I was very surprised to see that the Evo was not only smoother than the Vibrant when using the Maps but it also refreshed a lot faster too when you zoomed in and out. I opened the Youtube app to compare it to the Evo and immediately I noticed it scrolled MUCH smoother through the video choices than the Evo. But the most important thing is the quality of videos where the Evo just absolutely trounced it. They were both on my wifi network so the carrier was out of the equation. Comparing Sense to Touchwiz personally I think it's no contest, Sense hands down. Sense has a nice smooth and cohesive feel to it whereas Touchwiz felt slapped together. Very poor in my opinion. It does have 7 screens but I swear I never appreciated the helicopter view so much until now. Overall the Sense UI in my opinion has yet again proved to be the best custom Android UI. The phone is also almost the exact same size as the Evo too but for some reason, maybe the more curvaceous corners, the Samsung feels smaller. Maybe the weight plays in too i dunno. Not that the size of the Evo bothers me though, just an observation. There was one thing that left me pretty disappointed in my Evo. Let me just say that I am very pleased with the quality of the pictures the Evo takes. I never felt it would replace a p&s but for the most common type of picture most people take, the random in the moment picture, its great. With that said the picture quality of the Vibrant's camera is amazing in. Definitely better than threw Evo, at least in low light where you don't need a flash. I tried my best messing with the settings but to no avail. The 5MP camera of the Vibrant is just flat out better than the 8MP camera on the Evo. I would have rather them put a better 5MP than the current 8MP. At the end of the day though it's not a deal breaker. No camera should be. And yes the video was better too but I'm sure the fps cap on the Evo played a role.

All in all after about an hour of playing around worth the Vibrant i gotta say the top end Android phones are leaps and bounds better than the top end Android phones of even just a few months ago. I will also say any truly neutral observer would put the newest top end Android phones above any other smartphone out there, and yes that means the iPhone 4 as well. The Vibrant's screen is absolutely gorgeous but only barely better than the Evo. It's fast, smooth and light with an amazing camera. But the touchwiz in my option is absolutely horrible it really feels slapped together compared to the Sense UI. It also comes with Avatar already preloaded and it looks incredible. There is one HUGE flaw....

It suffers from the grip of death. O actually took a video of it I'll post it when I get a chance.

If anyone has any questions about it I can grab it again and I'll try and answer whatever question it is.

Last edited:

maduhbee#AC

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Just played with the Vibrant today... There were a few apps I tried out, one being the picture app, so I can see how I can scroll through the images, and see if it responds as quickly as I hoped it to be. One thing I noticed right away, was the sheer fluidity of the Samsung Vibrant. The screens moved side to side so smoothly, it almost made my eyes bleed. But all jokes aside, The screen was moving at a uber-smooth 60fps when I was navigating through the menus. So what does this translate to? The screen literally felt like it was stuck to my finger, no matter how fast I was going. I moved it back and forth really quickly, and it just caught up every single time... well I'd say 95% accurately. With froyo, I have no doubt it'll be 100% to your finger! Compared to the EVO, If I swipe my fingers back and forth really quickly, I can see my the EVO be on the left side, when I'm on the right side, and on the right side, when I'm on the left side. It was basically playing catch-up. I can't help but feel that the 30fps really really hurts this, but hopefully, they'll fix it in the future! Gaming, I could really careless, but seeing avatar on that Vibrant screen makes me completely jealous of it! I have yet to see any HD videos on the EVO yet, but I don't know where to see them besides youtube, and that's not very good at all! (even in HQ mode)

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I will admit, Samsung's cameras are really good. My cousin has a behold and the 5MP camera takes excellent pictures. I don't think that they are better than my 8MP camera, but they are quite good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol