Facebook and Evo 4G Issues: Login Failed Notice even tho' my credentials are correct- HELP!

Kimberly Foster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I am having an issue accessing the facebook app through Google Play. When I download the app and then try to login I get this error: sorry login failed to reach facebook servers. Please check network connection or try again later. (org.bouncycastle.jce.exception:IssuerName(OU=Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority,O="Verisign, Inc." . C=US) does not match SubjectName(OU=www.verisign.com/CPS Incorp.by.Ref.LIABILITY LTD.(c)97 VeriSign, OU=Verisign International Server CA - Class 3, OU="VeriSign Inc.", O=Verisign Trust Network) of signing certificate. [javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException])

This happened after I updated the newest version of FB. However, once I am in the browser, I can access my account. I can also access my account through other devices...just not through the app on my phone. The reason this botheres me so much, is that I can no longer access my facebook contacts (obviously since it won't synch).

I have hard reset the phone. I have re-installed the app multiple times. I am at a loss here.

Any help would be appreciated.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Try using the Friendcaster app and see if you can log in. Also, it is a better app than the Android Facebook app.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, there was a major update and the FB app is decent now. Not perfect but alot better than what it has been. I would uninstall and reinstall the app and make sure you are using the correct password.

hsabs73

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Probably way too late, but this reply may help someone else because I just figured out with my EVO phone. First uninstall the application and reinstall facebook or whatever app you want to login to yr phone with. Then go to settings and then systems updates and click HTC software update. After this update is complete you will be able to login successfully.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol