EVO 4G's audio recording ability lower quality than Droid X?

Juice#AC

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Or did I just have crumby audio settings enabled? Because when I used both phones, it appeared that Droid X had excellent audio quality on the video I took, while the EVO's video was nice visually, but had poor (as in blackberry curve from 2 years ago poor) audio quality...

This kinda bummed me because it was the only thing in my opinion that the X beat the EVO on. (That and the protruding camera lens)

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The Evo does indeed have a garbage mic for recording. Seriously, it sucks and has nothing to do with multiple mics or noise cancelling.

iboombastic

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Its the recording compression, btw the quality on the X and the EVO suck in video recording, the Galaxy S phones on the other hand have excellent quality because of their H.264 compression, while the X and the EVO use H.263 and some random MPEG Crap.
Basically the bitrate on the evo audio is terrible, not the actual mic, this can be fixed in a software update however.

Lorak

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Lets hope they fix it then, While the video is choppy, it doesn't bother me near as much as the horrible sound does.