Some Would Call Me CRAZY!!!!!!!!!

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
Some would call me crazy but i just hopped in the car and drove 2 hrs 1 way to get my evo. found a best buy that had 1 left i called and the girl actually held if for me til i got there. has anyone else spent half a day round trip for there evo?

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Two hours is nothing. I think a girl spending the night in the parking lot sleeping in the back of her car to be first in line at the Sprint store morning of launch was crazier.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
You Crazy Nucking Fut! Well, when mine broke on the last day I could do an exchange, I drove an hour one way to get the replacement, so I feel you dude, I feel you.

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
CRAZY is the thousands of banner ads Sprint has up touting this phone with no way to order it online :rolleyes:

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't think thats as crazy as people buying apple products. Camping overnight and waiting in extremely long lines just to get an iphone or ipad.

Last edited:

rdandy5875

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I got lucky my first call to BB they had one left in black and they held it for me, only about 15 minutes away...

The BB website showed white in stock and they had no white. I wasn't looking for white but my point is their website wasn't accurate.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing I got lucky after reading all of these post about how hard it was to get an EVO. 2 days after the EVO was released I left work around 3 in the afternoon went to call the wife only to have my Pre reset then lockup on me right in front of my local Sprint store. I walked in asked if they had any EVO's, they had 2 left. I grabbed both of them, one for me and one for the wife.

Funny side story there, I didn't tell the wife I was getting her the EVO(we were both up for upgrades). I do everything at the Sprint store, get home and she says my phones not working again(she had a Pre to). I handed her her new EVO and said this one will work better. Got me out of all of my honey-do's that day.

xorbe

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered, arranged for 11AM at the local BB, and then stood there for almost 2 hours while the computers were messed up. The girl who came in at 8AM had almost a 5 hour in-store wait.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered, arranged for 11AM at the local BB, and then stood there for almost 2 hours while the computers were messed up. The girl who came in at 8AM had almost a 5 hour in-store wait.

Yeah, I preordered and then had a 10:15 appointment on Launch day... Only problem was the nearly 90 minutes it took to get me out the door because of their system crashing that morning...

It is funny how much advertisement Sprint is throwing at the EVO to just have people be told "Sorry... were out of stock right now."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1