alright my evo is factory yet and I'm having problems with my key boards....I have the swype beta version and factory keyboard and both show the same problems.....I go start typing or swypeing and they will just stop working like it freezes up and only way to get out of it is to lock the phone and then unlock it and I will work again for a while and this happens which ever key board I'm using any help or hints would be great!
    07-19-2010 03:14 PM
    If you've installed Swype, it's not exactly "factory" any more. The Swype beta was not designed for the EVO and may cause unexpected behaviors. Try removing Swype to see if the HTC keyboard regains its normal use.
    07-19-2010 03:25 PM
    well I've had swype for almost a month now and its only started to happen in the last day or two......so I dont think that's the problem
    07-19-2010 04:00 PM
    yeah swype isn't the problem as I've had that for awhile to. Hmmmmmmmm did you do a battery pull/ reboot?
    07-19-2010 04:22 PM
    Sounds like you have an app running in the background that's bogging down the OS.

Did you recently install any apps that do background syncing?
    07-19-2010 04:27 PM
    I checked what apps I recently downloaded and none that run in the back ground.....i unstalled all the ones I just foreclosed in the four days and still have the same problem
    07-19-2010 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD