Capitalizing with swype.

tblack2#CB

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've got swype on my EVO. Love it but can't figure out how to capitalize without starting a new sentence. I watched a video that talked about swyping above the keyboard. Maybe that doesn't work on my beta version.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
after you hit the first letter swipe above the keyboard and then back down to the next letter.... basically hit the first letter of the word and then swipe up and above the keyboard and then back down onto the keyboard with out lifting your finger.

tblack2#CB

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
after you hit the first letter swipe above the keyboard and then back down to the next letter.... basically hit the first letter of the word and then swipe up and above the keyboard and then back down onto the keyboard with out lifting your finger.

I've tried and tried. That doesn't work on mine. It seems like there are many versions.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
What version are you using? I'm using the official beta and it works fine. You'll see the keyboard go all caps when you swype up. Keep in mind it doesn't work for a single letter. If you want to put a capital A in the middle of a sentence, you have to use the shift key.

Tip for those who it does work for: If you want to capitalize an entire word, swype from the first letter up above the keyboard and make a loop or a squiggle and it will turn on the cap lock for that word.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
And when you want to put a period or comma in with a space, then just swype from the period to the space bar.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I've tried and tried. That doesn't work on mine. It seems like there are many versions.

Yeah I have the official beta and it works 99% of the time... Swiping up and then back down.... It does from time to time not work... You can always just click the up arrow/shift key before if you want to caps on the first letter....

Sorry dude... Good luck..

lucky4meman

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I've found that sometime with Swype, if you hit the first letter and then swype your finger above the keyboard to capitalize it and do it too quick it won't work. You have to hold it up there for a split second and then the whole keyboard goes into uppercase mode for a second. Then you can move on to the next letter. That's how it works for me anyhow.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
And when you want to put a period or comma in with a space, then just swype from the period to the space bar.

That's cool. I didn't know you could do that. That's cool. Is there anyway you can swype a period? This has to be one of the best applications I have ever used. I wonder when it will become official?

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
If you want just a period without a space bar, then you just tap.
Also when word choice comes up and you want to select a word, then swyping also works. There are other tips on their website.

ksuwald

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Not a big fan of swype. Shapewriter is still available if you do a good search. I just my replacement Evo and needed to reinstall it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan