Recovery Mode Not Working

Shmooey

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
oookkkk when i go to go into recovery mode its just a black screen and a phone in the center with a red triangle with an ! in it. How to fix this???

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
That's what you want to see. Now, with that symbol shown, hold down Volume Up + Power and voila, stock recovery. You unlocked the bootloader, so you can now flash a custom recovery if you so choose to.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Shmooey

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
ohhh thanks..ok so when i do that at the bottom it says

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

is that good or bad or what??

Last edited:

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, it's looking for a custom recovery. So it's okay, as long as your recovery works. :)

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Shmooey

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
well i have the options to:

reboot system now
apply update from sdcard
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

so if i were to want to flash a rom what would i choose? (sorry about all the questions, im sorta new to this lol)

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
well i have the options to:

reboot system now
apply update from sdcard
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

so if i were to want to flash a rom what would i choose? (sorry about all the questions, im sorta new to this lol)

Its all good, yo, and you need a custom recovery for the abiity to flash a custom ROM, would you like my choice? http://db.tt/ZO0BVvBi

Sarge84

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi I'm stuck, I need to know how to open a zipped file from my sd card from the bootloader interface. Can you please help

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Do you have sdk or fastboot and adb setup on your pc ? you need to flash the recovery image with fastboot. Once you have a recovery installed then you can flash zips while in recovery

TommyFree

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i have HTC legend.
When i go to recovery, there's phone with triangl. I push vol+ and power. In bottom of new screen is "E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command" and i have four choose : reboot system now, aply sdcard:update.zip, wipe data/factory reset or wipe cache partition. I have CM on my SDcard so i pick the second choose - aply sdcard:update.zip

now its saying :
E:can't open /cache/recovery/command
--install from sdcard...
finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
E:signature vertification failed
Installation aborted.

can you help me please ?

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi, i have HTC legend.
When i go to recovery, there's phone with triangl. I push vol+ and power. In bottom of new screen is "E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command" and i have four choose : reboot system now, aply sdcard:update.zip, wipe data/factory reset or wipe cache partition. I have CM on my SDcard so i pick the second choose - aply sdcard:update.zip

now its saying :
--install from sdcard...
Installation aborted.

can you help me please ?

You need your bootloader unlocked and a custom recovery, you can't mod without a custom recovery.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi, i have HTC legend.

now its saying :
--install from sdcard...
Installation aborted.

can you help me please ?
You need to disable the signature verification in recovery. You have a unsigned rom and the recovery is looking for a signature

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
You need to disable the signature verification in recovery. You have a unsigned rom and the recovery is looking for a signature

He's stock, you can't mod from a stock recovery.

TommyFree

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
well i instal SDK but i cant find fastboot.exe .. i try download it as single file but didnt work. I find out this problem had many people, but nowhere find solution what would help me..

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
well i instal SDK but i cant find fastboot.exe .. i try download it as single file but didnt work. I find out this problem had many people, but nowhere find solution what would help me..

Here you go, the 3 files it asks for so you don't have to download the whole SDK-- oh, you already did. Well, here you go, including Fastboot.exe

http://db.tt/2Zg3UeCw

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze