ive got a dilemma i need advice for please

mmmtacos

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, ill be quick. I've had my evo since launch and bought a platinum case with holster. Unfortunatley due to my job I need a case out of fear of dropping and also being on the road its easier to be in a holster to answer other than shuffling in my pocket.

At school last night I took the case off and noticed the entire brim glossy area of my phone is scraped and in a small corner even a slight chip. I looked in the case and noticed along the rim is a sharp lip I'm assuming from the factory machine. I used masking tape and lined the interior for now but his is exactly what I didn't want happen to my new phone.

I'm sending an email now just explaining the whole situation nicely but this isn't a familiar area for me. Should I ask for something in return or just hope for the best or should I report something to somebody?

I do have insurance but it just sucks knowing I'd pay 100 for a refurbished due to cosmetic harm

Thanks for your ime and help.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

CoryBantic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
if it isn't too bad I wouldn't worry about it and at this point in time, trying to get a refurbished Evo will probably take some time, call a Sprint Repair Center to find out if that's even feasible.

I have the same issue with my phone so I bought the HTC Leather holster from the Sprint Store and I love to hate the holster because the clip is so damn tight that I usually have to force it open to clip to my belt/pants! But with that being said, it is VERY and I mean VERY secure. I've never had a holster so tight to my hip. If I manage to drop the phone, I can assure you it won't be becasue the holster gave way. Try to see if that helps.

tucsonstan

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Wonder if the Sprint Repair Center woud send you a replacement case? Might be worth a try. If you're not having any problems with the phone I would just put the case back on with the tape and enjoy, or find another case. I'm just like you, I take very good care of my phones and if it happened to me I'd feel the same way. Good luck my friend.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Chips and scrapes are cosmetic so they technically wouldn't be covered by insurance, deductible or not. Perhaps if the screen itself was scratched, but if it's other than that it's definitely not. Also, insurance claims aren't unlimited, so you should consider trying to get a replacement for cosmetic damage this early even if you can get away with it.

I would contact the case manufacturer and try to get at the very least a refund, and maybe another replacement case if they have something else that won't further damage your phone. They usually have a contingency when something like this happens.

Sucks your phone got damaged when you took an extra step to prevent it, but keep your $100 and have the people responsible try to make it right by you.

mmmtacos

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Well I got he platinum case and holster from bestbuy I'm not sure if sprint carries the platinum cases. I bought it specifically because it had a felt interior to protect the battery cover... but it didnt protect the sides. Ive noticed when I bought my wife one that it fits tight on hers but mine is lose so I wonder if I got an alpha version of he case.

mmmtacos

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I got it from bestbuy on launch day I doubt they'll take it back... I was wondering if anybody knew any techniques for reglossing scratches or surfaces at all?

azkevman

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I got it from bestbuy on launch day I doubt they'll take it back... I was wondering if anybody knew any techniques for reglossing scratches or surfaces at all?

I believe the case you bought from Best Buy is the 2 piece slide on case (top half and bottom half slide together), if so that case is actually made by Seidio. There are several threads on here discussing those cases. Seidio has made a few changes to that case since initial launch, including coating the interior with the same rubberized material as the outside and increasing the amount of felt inside the case. Both of these were done to address the loose fit of the case.

If you contact Seidio directly they will replace your case.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...innocase-ii-seems-more-rubberized-inside.html