Htc evo 4g hboot problem...

MvZiC MaN

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I know its been answered before but ive tried everything...

I'm stuck on Hboot 6.17.0001

Revo says S-off already but phone says S-on and I've tried over 20 times and downloaded over 10 different ruus and such so I can restore back to stock and reroot..

Ps I bought this phone off ebay and it was already like this...can anyone help??????

SUPERSONIC EVT3 SHIP S-ON
Hboot

Android Version

Baseband Version

Kernal Version
2.6.35.10-g13578ee
htc-kernal@and18-2 #1
Wed Jul 20 18:06:16 cst 2011

Build Number
4.53.651.1 CL133994 release-keys

Software Number

Browser Number
webkit/533.1

PRI Version
2.15_003

PRL Version

Sent from my HTC evo 4g using Tapatalk

Last edited:

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
What exactly is your issue? Bootloop, downgrade, flashing a custom ROM, etc.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

MvZiC MaN

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I can't flash any roms or root it because my hboot is at 6.17.0001 which is what revolutionary puts it at after un-rooting and I believe it needs to be at 2.18xxxx..

The previous owner un-rooted it..

Last edited:

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I can't flash any roms or root it because my hboot is at 6.17.0001 which is what revolutionary puts it at after un-rooting and I believe it needs to be at 2.18xxxx..

The previous owner un-rooted it..

That's why I NEVER root that way, it screws too much up. The only way to root now is to have the bootloader unlocked, flash a custom recovery, flash a ROM, then flash the SU zip.

MvZiC MaN

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
okay so after Several hours of searching everywhere online i figured it out!! i got it out of 6.17.001 and then i got S-Off and have a custom Recovery and Suer user is on and i can open the app but the app i downloaded (Root Checker) says i DO NOT have root access

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
You can just flash a rooted rom. Either a custom rom or a stock rooted. So many people get confused about root,a unlocked bootloader or s-off is not root it only allows you to write to partitons that you normally wouldnt be able to, like the the recovery partiton. Root is for the software on the phone and allows you to write to and access system files, or remove files if you choose.
As far as root checker saying you dont have root, maybe the binary didnt get installed, if you have a filemanager look in system/bin and you should a su file.
Here is super user download it and flash in recovery http://db.tt/hbeqryR5
Or like i said flash a custom rom or a stock rooted

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
okay so after Several hours of searching everywhere online i figured it out!! i got it out of 6.17.001 and then i got S-Off and have a custom Recovery and Suer user is on and i can open the app but the app i downloaded (Root Checker) says i DO NOT have root access

Installing the SuperUser app does not give you root access. Flash the SuperUser zip file or flash a ROM that's rooted.

MvZiC MaN

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Guys!!!!!! its now Rooted and working (Kinda) im trying to get cyanogenmod but everytime i flash it Either in Rommanager or Manually it installes perfectly but after i reboot my phone it gets to the Blue Android Cyanogen boot screen and just Loops from there!!!!

Update: It does this with ANY and EVERY custom Rom i Flash... What gives!?

Last edited:

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Guys!!!!!! its now Rooted and working (Kinda) im trying to get cyanogenmod but everytime i flash it Either in Rommanager or Manually it installes perfectly but after i reboot my phone it gets to the Blue Android Cyanogen boot screen and just Loops from there!!!!

Update: It does this with ANY and EVERY custom Rom i Flash... What gives!?
I see your s-on, you may need to flash the boot.img, You can use fastboot to do that

MvZiC MaN

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I fixed that so far and got s-off and then got custom recovery but it just won't run any custom roms...

Rom manager doesn't work nor does manual flash but it works perfect whenever I restore it from a backup

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I fixed that so far and got s-off and then got custom recovery but it just won't run any custom roms...

Rom manager doesn't work nor does manual flash but it works perfect whenever I restore it from a backup

What roms are trying to flash and what recovery are you using?

MvZiC MaN

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Trying to flash cyanogenmod 7 among others that I deleted already and my recovery it's clockworkmod 5.0.2.2

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Flash the "boot.img" that came with the ROM that you want to use through the command prompt.

MvZiC MaN

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Worked like a charm!!!!
Thank you all for the help!!!

Now to re-download all my apps and games!!

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't think you would need to flash the boot.img with s-off but i guess stranger things have happened

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't think you would need to flash the boot.img with s-off but i guess stranger things have happened

S-OFF on the EVO through a not-so-good program could cause issues. Sure, it'll do the job still, but it will cause other issues. That's why I refuse to S-OFF my Vivid. And you are correct on you don't have to manually flash the "boot.img" when S-OFF.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
S-OFF on the EVO through a not-so-good program could cause issues. Sure, it'll do the job still, but it will cause other issues. That's why I refuse to S-OFF my Vivid. And you are correct on you don't have to manually flash the "boot.img" when S-OFF.

Hmm. I have 5 OG's a 3d and had the LTE and never had any problems. 3 of the og's had hboot 2.18 when started, i s-off'ed them without a hitch and never had to flash the boot.img.
Like i said before stranger things have happened

MvZiC MaN

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't want to start an unnecessary thread...but I'm curious if someone can link me to a rooted stock ICS ROM for my evo

And maybe say what you're favorite ROM is...

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton