I got my EVO for Free!

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I sold my Palm pre for $200.00 last night. It paid for my EVO, thanks Palm finally I found happiness from the Pre.

Oh ya and BTW Sprint insurance is the best, a month before I was going to get my EVO I started returning pre's to find a good one to sell. Sprint finally just gave me a brand new one because the 3 refurbs they gave were so bad.

Lol it was funny I met the person who bought my Palm Pre at the Sprint store that I normally go to. The guy that helped us activate the Palm in the buyers name was the same guy that I had dealt with. He totally remembered me talking about the EVO and that I was going to sell my pre, he knew I was selling a brand new phone that they just gave me like 2 weeks before. It was pretty funny the chick gave me the cash right in front of him and he just grinned. I told him I was going to sell it a few weeks before hand and I did lol.

Moral of the story is that I got a free EVO !

Last edited by a moderator:

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
How'd you sell it for $200? I thought they go for less than or around $100.

Also, did you have accessories?

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
How'd you sell it for $200? I thought they go for less than or around $100.

Also, did you have accessories?

some chick broke her Pre and did not have insurance and was not due for an upgrade. Yes it had a touchstone and a leather case that was it.

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Not really free as you paid for the phone at one point, but congrats. I'm surprised the store had evos in stock

Yes I paid for the Pre over a year ago, I actually got my EVO a while back, I just finally sold the Pre and like i said that basically paid for my EVO. I feel like I made a helluva deal !:D

SilverZero

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I got my Evo for free. I just had to work for a few hours and my employer totally gave me the money.

Didn't you have to pay for the Pre when you got it? There's no such thing as "free."

campanth

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I did basically the same thing just not on purpose. I ordered my Evo from Radio Shack the day after launch. The next day, the touchscreen stopped responding on my Pre. Sprint ordered me a refurb, which was a POS. I returned it later the same day and they gave me a brand new one. I went without a phone for two days until I got my Evo and then sold the Pre for $170. Not too shabby...

catallah

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I am also getting my EVO for free....but it was through some survey. It is set to be delivered tomorrow. I got my Seidio rugged case today, which was also kind of free since I used survey money to pay for it. Now to figure out Android....I am coming from a Pre, everything was so simple with WebOS, I look forward to the Google O/S though.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Heck I sold my iPhone 3G which partially paid for my Nexus One.. I then sold the Nexus One which broke me even on that venture... I used my best buy reward points which TECHNICALLY I got my EVO for free.... or I bought a 55" Samsung LED, a New Fridge, Washer and Dryer countless DVD & Blu-Ray's, a Blu-Ray player, 19" LCD for my daughters room a new computer plus a 24" HD monitor for the computer a digital camera for the wife and a Dyson vacuum cleaner and they totally gave me the EVO for all that.... What a bargin....

FuzzeWuzze

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Mine wasnt quite free, but cheap regardless.

-$130 AT&T ETF
+250 Iphone 3gs 16gb
-200 Evo 4g...

I coulda got 300 for my iPhone i think but there were like 10 others locally for 300 so i just undercut them so it would sell quick, 50 bucks isnt worth the hassle of getting stuck with the phone thats losing value daily now that the 4g is out.
Sold it in 8 hours lol...

ecaggiani

Feb 18, 2010
www.zazzle.com
Ok I really did get mine free. I won Phil's Nexus One in a contest, then traded it for an Evo a guy got at Google I/O. Not only was it free, but I had it before it was released :)

----
Sent from my HTC Evo 4G because it WAS the droid I was looking for.

SilverZero

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Come to think of it, I sold my two old phones and a couple of other things for more tha $200 when I got my Evo, so I guess mine was "free" too.

Man, Sprint must be going bankrupt over this phone launch!

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
my work bought my evo for me for $100 (because we are the third biggest account they have so its cheap) and my work pays for my plan.... winner?