EVO 4G volume rocker

nburns1825

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I recently replaced the digitizer in my wife's EVO 4G. Afterward, the volume rocker no longer clicks in either direction or changes the volume. The interior is completely intact, matching various pictures found on ifixit and various other sites as well. I have been searching for several hours across various websites to attempt to find a solution but to no avail. Prior to replacing the digitizer, the phone was dropped in a toilet but 24 hours and a bag of rice later the phone was still fully functioning, as far as we knew. Is it possible that during submersion, only the circuit for the volume shorted out? The only other conclusion I can draw is that the rocker is not making contact with metal contacts on the logic board, in which case, I'm not sure how to fix it.

Any suggestions?

prepaidguy9081

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Try tiny peices of tape to add height to the volume rocker physical buttons to reach the contacts, provided they are pressure contacts and not voltage connection contacts

Sent from my SGH-T889

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
My guess would be the volume rocker isnt seated right. Are you sure the side with the groove is facing up, and the tabs on the end are sitting in the slots ?