EVO apears to "Freeze" like windows XP

eyarea51

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have been having a issue with my EVO since I bought it on opening day. I was noticing that the device was rebooting, did not know why but would all of a sudden hear the sound from the Sprint splash screen running. Then when I was using the device I would see a time where the mobile network stopped (just saw the bars with full signal, 3g icon disappears and I was not using wireless). Most of time the device froze for a minute or so and then would reboot. Then after The June 28th update the EVO did not reboot anymore but would have a issue with the lost of mobile network but no freezing. At this point to get the network back I would usually leave the phone in airplane mode for more then a minute but some times had to shutdown and re-start. After talking to sprint (in a corporate store) they suggested to hard reset the EVO. So I did that once I backed up. Now I am back to the device freezing and rebooting and it seems like it was is when I am using Slacker which is a lot know then it was when I first got the phone. The issue will happen either on Sprints network or on roaming.

I don?t see people having issues with Slacker so I don?t think it is the app but would not be surprised.

Any one else seeing this or similar problem.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I've never seen a smart phone that didn't do this occasionally, they all do, but if yours is doing it alot I would take it in or call tech support.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I'd be willing to bet you've got some app installed that's causing the problem. Get something like System Panel and see what apps are chewing up cpu.

tinybfk

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I have not had this exact problem with mine. I had it do a random reboot 1 time and it was in my pocket and hadnt been touched for around 30 minutes. I just all of the sudden heard the boot sound and pulled it out to see the 4g screen. But nothing since then. hw0003 stock rom.

VAJeff

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I have seldom had the reboot issue, but the data going away happens a bit more than I would like. Usually I do a Network Profile Update, and it helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol