Evo users...

Status
Not open for further replies.

werx

Banned
Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Why do you guys still talk in BITS? Like kiloBITS, megaBITS etc. It is so useless especially considering BYTES is easier to comprehend in real life quantities and speeds. It is like writing out 10000000000000000000 instead of just using scientific notation. A lot of us get great speeds on 4G but still say BITS. Why? Explain logic for I think it is failed.

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
everybody uses bits because that is what is being used by that technology specifications. ATT runs a 3.6Mbps HSDPA network. so that's what everyone knows it as. i guess you could call it a 450 KB/s HSDPA network, which is what it converts to in bytes. but good luck trying to get that to catch on:D.

Rudementry

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Don't mind this guy, he got frustrated with people using screen protectors too. I'm sure he could find something to complain about in everything. He seems to think that if you aren't doing everything exactly like he is then you're wrong.

Its made out of friggin Gorilla glass... all these stupid screen protectors ARE A SCAM. You will sooner rip the screen protector off than scratch your evos screen. Furthermore, there is no such protector that helps with oil. The oil residue (which we ALL naturally produce on our bodies) will come into contact with whatever you are touching. It will not magically vanish into thin air because of a plastic screen protector.

Cmon guys... do your homework. Stop aimlessly spending money on crap.

werx

Banned
Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Don't mind this guy, he got frustrated with people using screen protectors too. I'm sure he could find something to complain about in everything. He seems to think that if you aren't doing everything exactly like he is then you're wrong.

Wow thanks for contributing and not hijacking the thread bro. Cool story.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
lol the gorilla glass thread....

Anyway, yeah... ISP's provide the speeds in bits... not bytes.
Speedtests are done in bits, not bytes.

They'll also show you your download speed, but the major report is the connection speed in bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.