How to add music albums?

Enforcer

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have tried adding an abulm to my Evo with no success. I mount as a disk drive. I go to the Music folder. Then I create the album artist. After that I create the name of the album (which is the way the default albums that come shipped with phone). Then I copy my mp3's into the folder. I close the window and I change from mount as a disk drive to charge only. When I open the default music player, my album isn't in there. It seems the phone deletes the files when preparing the SD card. Someone please help. Thanks

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
That's odd. I've added over 8gb of MP3s to my SD card in my EVO. I just drag them from the computer to the phone though, I'm not creating the folders separately. It's never deleted anything from the card.

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
You don't need to create anything. I have my MP3 albums on my HD. They are in folders by artist subfolders for each album by that artist. I just drag the whole album folder to the Music folder on the phone just like NicksGarage. Nothing else is required.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
You don't need to create anything. I have my MP3 albums on my HD. They are in folders by artist subfolders for each album by that artist. I just drag the whole album folder to the Music folder on the phone just like NicksGarage. Nothing else is required.

I did this exactly, dragged and dropped all my music folders from my PC to my Evo, no problems at all with the stock player.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Where are the MP3s from? Mine are all from CDs I ripped with Windows Media Player or ones I've downloaded from Amazon. I'm just using the stock MP3 player on the EVO.

Enforcer

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Where are the MP3s from? Mine are all from CDs I ripped with Windows Media Player or ones I've downloaded from Amazon. I'm just using the stock MP3 player on the EVO.

They are downloaded from a torrent. I never have a problem burning them to a CD or playing them on other MP3 players. Just on my Evo

scoobdude

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Just a few questions. What cable are you using? And are you ejecting the phone from Windows or at least unmounting the SD card via the phone by switching it back to charging only mode?

Also I believe the default player reads id3 tags. So make sure those are updated cause folders mean nothing to the player.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang