No Web Page Address in Contact

SeattleBrad

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the EVO with Exchange. When I view a contact, there is no field for "Web page address" like there is in the Exchange contact.

Am I missing something, or does the HTC Contacts app having a glaring omission?

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about Exchange contacts but contacts that I have on my EVO that have web site addresses show them in the Information section at the bottom of the contact. Basically these contacts were created on my previouse smartphones that had been synched with Outlook. I imported those into Google before I got the EVO and then synched with it. I haven't really been able to get it to go the other way to keep them updated in Outlook Contacts.

I don't see any way to add a web site address to a contact on the EVO itself. It's not one of the selections. It is when you go to Google Contacts. Another thing like their calendar where it doesn't match up with Android.

Not sure if any of that helps you at all.

SeattleBrad

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. I'm tempted to switch from Exchange to Gmail, but I've heard that Gmail automatically adds all email addresses to your contacts, so you end up with hundreds or thousands of contacts. Any tips on avoiding that?