Android screen flashing

Tallguy1979

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I bought a bunch of evos off ebay as a lot. I intended uses them for parts and fixing them. I consider myself pretty skilled at fixing the evos as far as hardware parts are concerned..software..not so much. One of the phones i bought stays stuck on the android screen and just flashes..i assume it has been flashed at one point. Can i get any help on fixing this problem? Im more or less a beginner in the software part of the phone, so i hope you can keep the advice simple too. Thanks! here is a picture of the issue.

Attachments

• IMAG0178.jpg
    IMAG0178.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 8

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
That would be a boot loop. And you would have to ruu back to stock. Look it up on the HTC evo 4g forum on xda they tell you how.

Viva La Resistance!

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Is the bootloader s-on or s-off and what hboot does it have ?
power off, hold volume down and power buttons until it boots to the bootloader and look at the top it will have something like ship s-on or s-off. also let us know what hboot version it has.
use your vol. button to scroll through the menu, choose recovery and tap power and report back to as what it did, I would say if you have a custom recovery more than likely someone flashed rom rom and if its s-on the bootimg didnt flash which would cause it to bootloop.

Tallguy1979

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Ok..i took pics of the issues you guys wanted..here it is. The first pic is the bootloader and second pic is what happens when i try recovery....then i selected reboot system now...same result. (android flashing)

Attachments

• IMAG0185.jpg
    IMAG0185.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMAG0184.jpg
    IMAG0184.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 3

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
You are s-off and that is a good thing. I would go HERE and download a rom, copy it to your sdcard, reboot into the recovery. wipe data/factory reset.wipe cache the go to install zip from sdcard choose the rom zip you copied there and flash it.
And BTW are you interested in selling any of the evo's i have 5 myself but a couple needs parts. i need a screen with the narrow ribbon. The bottom one is the narrow
If not maybe you'd be interested in what i have. I planned to flash them to Boost and resell but lost intrest