Group Texting? Not sure if that is what I am looking for is actually called...

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Basically, I am looking for an App (preferably free) that is available on both Android and for the iPhone that will allow me to text multiple people (that have the same App), and when one of those people responds, the response goes to and can be seen by all recipients... Basically like a chatroom through text... Any ideas?

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Google talk.
This sounds like BlackBerry messenger's group option but there's nothing like that available on Android from what I've seen. I don't even know if you have the option to "reply all' in a text message situation. You can set up groups in your phone and send out a mass text to this group by going to PEOPLE>GROUPS>Menu>Send Message to this group but they won't be able to reply all unless it's an email, which is what I'd suggest you use.

bnewt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Facebook messages work that way, but not sure how it all works if you can't access a FB app on your phone and use the SMS notification functionality instead.

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
You can set up a group list through Gmail. I set up a group and assigned certain people to certain groups. This way I can go into messages, then to contacts and select groups. This is how I text several people at once, but you have to go through gmail. It works pretty well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22