data usage

dpearman

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

I saw there were similar threads like this for some other devices but I didn't find one for the EVO. I'm just curious as to how much date everyone has used on their fantastic device. I thought mine would be wayyyyyyyyyyyyy higher, but in six days I've only used 160MB, and that is with wifi turned off, so everything is forced to be on the cellular network. I'm going to start using pandora in my car on the way to school and work so hopefully that'll bump up the data usage. I'd just like to make sure I'm getting my money's worth for the plan, especially seeing as how that "extra" 10 bucks is on there for stuff I can't even use yet.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I use wifi at work and home, and Pandora or Slacker in the car (and of course data elsewhere when not at home/work, but I'm a pretty moderate user).

That said, I am up to 1.078 GB for this billing period (which ends in 6 days). I imagine the big chunk of that would probably mostly be Google Nav, Pandora, and Slacker, with my email and texting taking up a smaller piece (and uploading a few photos to Facebook)

I feel no need to "get my money's worth" of data, as long as the phone does what I want it to, which is provide the data when I need it, and I don't have to worry about hitting any caps.

beech72

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
since having to pay the extra $10, i have been streaming pandora instead of listening to sirius for 8 hours while at work pretty much everyday and my statement said i used 2.6gb

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Man I'm at 4.3gb's with 6 days left in my billing cycle.

Is 4g rolled in to that count? I use regular 3g most of the day at work and 4g most of the night at home.

Its got to be rolled in to one number right?

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I use wifi at work and home, and Pandora or Slacker in the car (and of course data elsewhere when not at home/work, but I'm a pretty moderate user).

That said, I am up to 1.078 GB for this billing period (which ends in 6 days). I imagine the big chunk of that would probably mostly be Google Nav, Pandora, and Slacker, with my email and texting taking up a smaller piece (and uploading a few photos to Facebook)

I feel no need to "get my money's worth" of data, as long as the phone does what I want it to, which is provide the data when I need it, and I don't have to worry about hitting any caps.

I agree, I am not out to see how much data I can consume just for the sake of consuming data... When I am at home I do switch over to WiFi just because it's faster and easier on the battery than 3G... So far in two months I am averaging just over 2.5 GB per month... But most of that is uploading and e-mailing pictures... Most of them are of my kids since 5+ years ago I moved from Home (Raleigh/Durham, NC) to Nashville, TN... I have to send pictures to my mom, dad and other family members who want to keep up with how my two girls are growing/doing..... Plus the regular "Check that out" pictures that I like to share with friends and co-workers...

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
How is it that you guys are so low on your data usage. I don't tether at all and I am at 3.9 GB already and my cycle hasn't started over yet. I thought that I was a moderate user. I guess not.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
How is it that you guys are so low on your data usage. I don't tether at all and I am at 3.9 GB already and my cycle hasn't started over yet. I thought that I was a moderate user. I guess not.

Do you connect to wi-fi? I am on wi-fi probably 90% of my time (work and home). Only time I'm using data that would count on my bill would be in the car and when I'm out (and I'm not one of those people who sit in restaurants and stores with my nose in my phone, so really it's basically just the car time that I'm using it).

My usage will bump up a bit when I get an armband since I will be using it when running/biking/hiking a lot more.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci