Between Sprint and my EVO I got the run around

boggs3010#AC

Banned
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Woke up and my 4g was not on so I checked and settings and under 4g it read "failure"...ok I re started the phone and it was working. 2 hours later internet stopped working. Long story short re started the phone all good. Short while later lost internet.

Called Sprint ( I will leave out the BS from Sprint..Lots of it) After 5 tech people 2 dropped calls from a landline ( my end or theirs?) I am told to update the PRL and the and the date using the MSL etc.....After all is said and done the 3g internet is back, which a soft reset would have accomplished. I check 4g and it starts to work and then sits..."obtaining ip address from Sprint" we wait and wait nothing. Turn off 4g then try again , no luck. Try re starting the phone , no luck. I am told to go to a repair store for service. 3 stores later ( long story) I am told the phone is defective. And I can wait 3 ish weeks for a black Evo or 2 days for an black and white Evo I chose the Oreo Evo.

Anyone else have the "obtaining IP " issue?

What sucks my EVo had been perfect until this point. :(

gadgetluva

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
having lots of issues with 4G in Chicago (downtown, surrounding neighborhoods). Other forums state that there are issues in other burbs. Might be a problem wtih Sprint, at least that's what it looks like.

kudosmog

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I have been having issues as well. My house got good quality 4g when I had clear, but with the EVO I'm lucky if I get one bar of service. Everywhere else I get the ip connection message. Even in Charlotte NC, Winston-Salem, Greensboro or Raleigh which all apparently have coverage.
I haven't cared enough to look into it though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12