Evo 4G update to Froyo OFFICIAL August 3rd (OLD)

J Snazzy

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Friends be patient :). I was freaking out when my phone kept going white and all that jazz. It stayed on the 4g screen forever.

Once it launches it will install after that with a percentage. Keep your cool and you will get through this!

emergenc911

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Handcent/my messages don't seem to be working for some reason, doing a battery pull now. Launcher Pro and everything else is fine, haven't tried regular Sense yet, though.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
After seeing the strong recommendation from HTC, I've decided to hold off until Sunday or Tuesday, whenever this can be manually downloaded. I'll watch a video or two of Froyo, and hope that will satisfy me until I get the official update. To me, it's just not worth it...

acherry#AC

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
There were quite a few missing steps that weren't mentioned, leaving us in the dark. Now it makes sense.

Agreed,
so it's change the file name to update.zip, place ion SD card root, POWER/VOL UP, recovery, wait for red triangle thingy, POWER/VOL UP again. apply sd card:udate.zip (or something like that).

It'll them ask you to reboot via menu (simply hitting the power button should do it)..

Then, waaait for it,, waaait for it,,,

Voila!

Congtadulations! Your phone has been successfully upgraded to 3.26.651.3..

Good luck all..

idesofmarch

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Evo 4G update to Froyo OFFICIAL August 3rd

Ive been using it with dolphin hd And Ive been browsing flash sites And everything seems been working good. Except the droid x multitouch keyboard :(

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

xorbe

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
This is my first smart phone and I just got it set up and figured out ... I really don't want to jump to Froyo until I see that I can do everything that I am doing now ...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae