08-05-2010 04:49 AM
750 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    Push the camera icon and it acts like its going to open but just goes back to the home screen.

Anyone know if doing a master reset will take the phone to 2.2 or back to 2.1?
    Try readding the shortcut.
    07-30-2010 08:55 PM
    Wiped user settings. Flash and camera work perfectly...

So were looking at some previous software incompatabilites
    how do you wipe user settings?
    07-30-2010 08:56 PM
    Facebook for Sense works again. Hooray!
    07-30-2010 08:57 PM
    Try readding the shortcut.
    please explain......not sure what you mean.
    07-30-2010 08:57 PM
    the camera has really improved. Its better than Vignette.
    07-30-2010 08:58 PM
    how do you wipe user settings?

Go back to the power + volume down key

Go to first option

Clear user data

up volume key.
    07-30-2010 08:59 PM
    Go back to the power + volume down key

Go to first option

Clear user data

up volume key.
    thanks. and what exactly will happen to my phone? will i lose all my files that i have added etc?
    07-30-2010 09:00 PM
    All you people who couldn't wait a few days, please don't complain when the real update breaks something and slow down the release for the rest of us. I'm serious. Some people have no sense.
    07-30-2010 09:00 PM
    thanks. and what exactly will happen to my phone? will i lose all my files that i have added etc?
    Yup, loose everything. but re adding your google account will put your contacts back in place..

I got everything backed up to my laptop anyway. So user be warned.
    07-30-2010 09:02 PM
    All you people who couldn't wait a few days, please don't complain when the real update breaks something and slow down the release for the rest of us. I'm serious. Some people have no sense.
    How the hell would it "break" anything? If the build ends up being different than the official one it'll just override the build people have now.
    07-30-2010 09:02 PM
    So my camera isn't working after the update. Any ideas?

Had a similar issue when the phone 1st came out, but the 1st ota update cured it.
    I had camera issues as well. I reset to factory and they work now. Something must have gotten corrupted during the install or there was a conflict with some app I was running.
    07-30-2010 09:03 PM
    Okay so here is my theory: Sprint wasn't lying about the release date in the confidential Sprint document for 7/30. It was released on that server for people to download it and test it over the weekend. It wasn't the official release version, but a test version release to be tested and fixed over the weekend and made ready for the week of 8/1. Unfortunately most of us misread that first bullet point in the document and thought it was for us all, but it wasn't.
    07-30-2010 09:04 PM
    Once my phone is plugged in where do I put the file? I don't see anything that says SD card
    I feel this update is pretty painles,, however, if you can find you mounted in file manager, then you should probably wait til the OTA version comes out.. Just my advice. I'd hate for you to brick/wipe your phone.. That might make me cry..
    07-30-2010 09:04 PM
    My files are all good and everything works great (even my camera).. However, it did take my first born.

But I love the widgets tho..

LOL
    07-30-2010 09:07 PM
    Is there a feature list for 2.2?
    07-30-2010 09:07 PM
    How the hell would it "break" anything? If the build ends up being different than the official one it'll just override the build people have now.
    I think he's implying that installing the official update over this leaked one could potentially cause some problems leading Sprint to pull the update like they did with the 6/28 update.
    07-30-2010 09:08 PM
    Just to let everyone know in case noone tried it yet, I had my EVO rooted using Unrevoked3 and I just put Froyo on it without unrooting it and loaded worked just fine. Obviously all the root apps don't work anymore but Froyo didn't brick my EVO because of it
    07-30-2010 09:09 PM
    please explain......not sure what you mean.
    Delete the camera icon, and re add it...
    07-30-2010 09:10 PM
    Okay so here is my theory: Sprint wasn't lying about the release date in the confidential Sprint document for 7/30. It was released on that server for people to download it and test it over the weekend. It wasn't the official release version, but a test version release to be tested and fixed over the weekend and made ready for the week of 8/1. Unfortunately most of us misread that first bullet point in the document and thought it was for us all, but it wasn't.
    Yeah I actually did see that bullet point... I had a feeling they were (and posted some thing of sorts earlier in the day) pushing this release out to some employees and other select people to test it out for problems to report back and they will tweak it from there....

I have it on my SD card I just still have not come to grips with pulling the trigger..... Might just wait for the OTA...
    07-30-2010 09:10 PM
    the camera has really improved. Its better than Vignette.
    The camera is MUCH better!! I am thrilled... I was the one *****ing and moaning all over the place about the camera!
    07-30-2010 09:11 PM
    I think he's implying that installing the official update over this leaked one could potentially cause some problems leading Sprint to pull the update like they did with the 6/28 update.
    Exactly. All I see is whining already and can just see what 8/3 will be like.
    07-30-2010 09:11 PM
    I figured that's what he was talking about but that's because you had people trying to install the same update twice. I would also think that HTC/Sprint learned their lessons and wouldn't make whatever mistake they made last time happen again.
    07-30-2010 09:12 PM
    I'm back after upgrading...everything works perfectly except I had to uninstall and reinstall swype. The stock browser is much faster than dolphin hd now!
    07-30-2010 09:13 PM
    The camera is MUCH better!! I am thrilled... I was the one *****ing and moaning all over the place about the camera!
    I haven't noticed any difference. What difference does you guys see?
    new dock settings....

stile have to slide to unlock before you can use any type of password... ugg
    Also under accessability now lets you d/l "eyes free" and integrate it into android for other apps.
750 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD