What are the new features?
    07-30-2010 07:26 AM
    07-30-2010 07:54 AM
    I was just posting the same thing above! ahah

Question, the Desire is getting iTunes sync, do you think all HTC phones with Froyo will or no?
    07-30-2010 07:55 AM
    I was just posting the same thing above! ahah

Question, the Desire is getting iTunes sync, do you think all HTC phones with Froyo will or no?
    Haven't heard of any non-Apple device getting iTunes sync (except the Palm Pre when it came out). Personally, I use iSyncr and even though it's a little slow, being able to sync the playcounts and last played is exactly what I've been missing. There are other way to sync your Android device to iTunes. I think this thread had some good suggestions:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/andr...ching-app.html
    07-30-2010 07:58 AM
    I've read the links and it is not 100% clear to us non-techies on our first smart phone.
    Can someone dumb things down a bit and explain what some of the things mean?
    07-30-2010 07:59 AM
    I've read the links and it is not 100% clear to us non-techies on our first smart phone.
    Android 2.2 is better than Android 2.1. ;-)
    07-30-2010 08:02 AM
    4 way camera rotation? confused

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    07-30-2010 08:06 AM
    4 way camera rotation? confused
    I think it means you can hold the camera in any orientation and it will auto-rotate? Right now it seems it only works in landscape (turn the phone counter-clockwise)
    07-30-2010 08:11 AM
    I seem to remember reading something about a "JIT" (just in time something or another?). I assume that this is also there? This is what I am looking forward to as I believe it will greatly improve the performance of the device. I really only hit bad lag when I am installing or updating apps, but I have really minimized the special effects on the phone with Spare Parts.
    07-30-2010 08:24 AM
    I'm sure there's more but these are the major one's I'm interested:

built-in flash support, so you can watch flash videos, and play flash games online.
    Faster process for programs
    voice dial via Bluetooth
    use led flash for video recording
    install apps on sd card instead of internal memory
    07-30-2010 08:42 AM
    I was a bit confused about the Flash support. Is this going to require the native browser, or will my browser of choice (currently Dolphin HD) just magically work with Flash web pages now?

Regardless, that and the camera features are what I'm most looking forward to.
    07-30-2010 08:44 AM
    Is this going to fix the battery problem?
    07-30-2010 09:18 AM
    What are the new features?
    Here you go! All your questions answered here:
    Froyo
    NokiaNokia likes this.
    07-30-2010 09:35 AM
    07-30-2010 09:46 AM
    I seem to remember reading something about a "JIT" (just in time something or another?). I assume that this is also there? This is what I am looking forward to as I believe it will greatly improve the performance of the device. I really only hit bad lag when I am installing or updating apps, but I have really minimized the special effects on the phone with Spare Parts.
    Yeah the JIT (Just in time compiler) should smooth things over with Froyo. That's is the one thing that I look forward to the most.
    07-30-2010 09:49 AM
    Is this going to fix the battery problem?
    I realize that I'm a minority of one, but I haven't had battery problems with 2.1. My battery's been awesome. I've currently been on battery for 50 hours, and I still have 40% battery remaining. I'm concerned that updating to 2.2 is going to screw the good thing I've had going here and drop my battery use back to what everyone else seems to experience.
    07-30-2010 09:51 AM
    Here you go! All your questions answered here:
    Froyo
    So I googled that like you suggested (thanks for the idea!) and got the answer: "It is slightly more tart than ice cream, as well as lower in fat (due to the use of pure milk instead of cream)."
    07-30-2010 09:56 AM
    I realize that I'm a minority of one, but I haven't had battery problems with 2.1. My battery's been awesome. I've currently been on battery for 50 hours, and I still have 40% battery remaining. I'm concerned that updating to 2.2 is going to screw the good thing I've had going here and drop my battery use back to what everyone else seems to experience.
    Wow. I'm lucky if I get 10 hours off mine. I guess I'm a real heavy user. So its to be expected. Just to give you an idea I average 5000 text a month and over 5gb of data. Haha

Ps: I want this update.
    07-30-2010 09:59 AM
    JIT = WAY faster everything. You will notice how much faster your phone is.
    Flash support = Basically works like you PC. It's sweet.
    LED flash during video = better video in low light/dark.

I don't know if this update will remove the 30 fps cap so I won't be updating until there is a rooted version. That is unless CM6 gets 4g fixed before that. I am pretty impressed how good vanilla Android is out of the box. Since getting Fancy Widgets I don't miss Sense at all.
    07-30-2010 10:03 AM
    Yeah the JIT (Just in time compiler) should smooth things over with Froyo. That's is the one thing that I look forward to the most.
    Does this mean that scrolling will be smoother?
    07-30-2010 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD