froyo (and updates) for dummies.....

newmomto1

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
The dummy being ME :(
I have been reading about this stuff and not even sure i understand what i have read.
I know i will have lots more questions about this froyo thing. But right now let me start at the beginning.
When this ota update becomes available.....do i actually do something or is my evo automatically updated? I feel silly asking...everyone else seems to know.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The dummy being ME :(
I have been reading about this stuff and not even sure i understand what i have read.
I know i will have lots more questions about this froyo thing. But right now let me start at the beginning.
When this ota update becomes available.....do i actually do something or is my evo automatically updated? I feel silly asking...everyone else seems to know.

Rumor is starting tomorrow you can manual make your phone search for the update and get it when you want. If not Sprint will roll it out in waves starting Tuesday.... You will get a notification as if you had an App that needed to be updated or E-Mail or what ever... You then just click update and it does it all on it's own...

newmomto1

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Rumor is starting tomorrow you can manual make your phone search for the update and get it when you want. If not Sprint will roll it out in waves starting Tuesday.... You will get a notification as if you had an App that needed to be updated or E-Mail or what ever... You then just click update and it does it all on it's own...
Thanks!
I imagine i will wait for the notification...but how do you make your phone search for it?

barrysanders20

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok, another dumb question. What is the difference between the firmware and HTC software updates?

What you're calling firmware is actually Android OS updates. These are system wide changes to the baseline operating system. Such as the next major OS update will be Gingerbread (3.0). The update coming this week is Froyo (2.2).

The HTC updates are things like HTC wants to update their touch screen keyboard or Internet browser. They'll release a specific update just for that.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair