131 12345 ...
tools
    Giving it a try now..
    08-04-2010 09:44 AM
    Nope didn't work...
    08-04-2010 09:50 AM
    Same thing, tried deleting and re adding accounts, didn't work either
    08-04-2010 09:57 AM
    Mine just started working for no reason. We'll see if it keeps up.
    08-04-2010 10:23 AM
    I'm relieved it's not just me! Has anyone reported this to Sprint?

I've got a few other things around this to relate:

1. Since the upgrade, I've been getting an error on my primary account under the Sync details. It said something like "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." An error was usually flagged next to Sync Contacts, but sometimes it would be on Gmail or Calendar as well. I saw a note on another forum to clear the Contacts Storage app from memory to resolve that. Steps below cleared this error, and Primary acct seems to be OK.
    2. Under 2.1 I was configured with 3 accounts - my primary (personal Gmail), and two Google Apps domains, one "free" edition for my domain, and one "premier" for work. After the upgrade I couldn't tell that ANY of these were syncing, and my "premier" definitely was NOT. I've gone through some of the steps Gekko mentioned, and haven't been able to resolve the issue.

Here's what I've done. I apologize for the length - just wanted to share some of the steps in case anyone did something slightly different and had success:
    1. Removed all secondary accounts, leaving only the primary.
    2. Went into Applications->Gmail and removed data, then did Force Stop.
    3. Restarted Gmail app.
    4. Went into Applications->Contacts Storage and removed data.
    5. Went to Accounts and Sync and forced resync of primary account. Contacts did not immediately show up.
    6. Rebooted phone (power down, power up). Contacts restored for primary account. Sent a test email to primary account. Notification received instantly, all looks good.
    7. Went to Accounts and Sync to add secondary accounts again.
    8. Added "free" Apps account. System set up for Sync Contacts and Sync Calendar. Sync Calendar presented the same "Sync is experiencing problems" error. Hit Sync now, error cleared. Sync Gmail did NOT show up in the list.
    9. Added "premier" Apps accounts. Contacts and Calendar synced without errors, Sync Gmail did NOT show up in the list.
    10. Went to Gmail app. All three accounts show up in the accounts list, but the secondaries show up as "not synced". When you select the account, it says it is not synced and gives instructions to sync (Hit Menu->Refresh to load once, Accounts/Sync to set up sync).
    11. Hit Menu->Refresh on premier account. Mail loaded.
    12. Sent a test message. No notification, new mail didn't appear in Inbox.
    13. Opened a message. Returned to Inbox. No data present, says Loading conversations. After a bit, it loads mail through July 31, but nothing after. Hit Refresh again...new mail loaded, but notifications not working.
    14. Went to Accounts/Sync for premier account. Sync Gmail now appears in the list for the secondary accounts, but is unchecked. Checked the box - also checked for Contacts.
    15. Repeated above for other secondary account.
    16. Cleared all notifications.
    17. Sent a test message - no luck.
    18. Created a new appointment using desktop for my Premier account - appointment synced to phone almost instantly.
    19. Created a new contact using desktop for Premier - contact did NOT sync.
    20. Created a new contact using desktop for primary acct - contact synced quickly.
    21. Sent another test email to primary - notification on phone right away.

At this point I'm no longer getting sync errors, but sync clearly isn't working properly.
    08-04-2010 10:34 AM
    i didnt read the whole thred, hope its not been covered. but when i updated to froyo, my secondary gmail account would not update emails in real time. i finally found in main phone settings, under accounts/sync, where it lists all your accounts, the secondary gmail does NOT get the checkbox checked by default when you add the account. once i checked that box it worked like 2.1. hope this wasnt already posted...
    08-04-2010 11:36 AM
    Mine randomly started working perfectly this morning after issues since Monday's update, was something discretely pushed out last night? Makes me happy if so!
    08-04-2010 12:28 PM
    Mine worked last night after the update for a little while, since then it's been out.. Hopefully, they'll fix this fast.. I don't mind the quietness without the phone constantly telling me I have mail, but it feels like when I moved to the Droid from the Berry.. No push mail is driving me crazy.. LOL
    08-04-2010 01:02 PM
    i didnt read the whole thred, hope its not been covered. but when i updated to froyo, my secondary gmail account would not update emails in real time. i finally found in main phone settings, under accounts/sync, where it lists all your accounts, the secondary gmail does NOT get the checkbox checked by default when you add the account. once i checked that box it worked like 2.1. hope this wasnt already posted...
    Where are you talking about? I don't see under "ACCOUNT/SYNC" the option you're referring to.
    08-04-2010 01:48 PM
    Well a partial solution is to go with a different email client. I downloaded k9 and am now back to having both accounts push. Can't archive mail but otherwise it's good to go.
    08-04-2010 01:52 PM
    WWell a partial solution is to go with a different email client. I downloaded k9 and am now back to having both accounts push. Can't archive mail but otherwise it's good to go.
    Workaround != Solution
    08-04-2010 02:07 PM
    Besides multiple email accounts not syncing, is anyone noticing that their primary email just plain loads slowly or is trying to pull more emails when you go to the inbox? I keep seeing "loading conversations" which I rarely saw with 2.1. They do load but I have to wait now.

I also get "no connection" fairly often which I had never seen in the previous month. Retry seems to work though.
    08-04-2010 02:09 PM
    Same here my second gmail account no longer syncs automatically.
    08-04-2010 03:16 PM
    About an hour ago, I started receiving email on my second gmail account (both push & notifications) and haven't tried making any changes since yesterday so it appears that the problem isn't on the Evo/Froyo end but maybe on gmail/Sprint?

Hope everyone is soon getting their emails again.
    08-04-2010 05:13 PM
    Nothing coming through other then via K9..
    08-04-2010 05:28 PM
    Any one getting their second gmail accounts working
    08-04-2010 11:34 PM
    Here is my workaround, my Pre notifies me to hit refresh in my gmail inbox to get my mail! This is annoying and no, the fixes that been offered here hasn't helped. Ohhh, another annoying this with the email, usually before froyo I get an email and in the email come with links that helps navigate to the section of the email (very helpful for chat groups), now I click on the link, it doesn't jump to the section of the email, it makes me open up a browser and read it there >:-(
    08-05-2010 05:26 AM
    no longer able to view my m4v files. "sorry, this video cannot be played"
    I have even attempted downloading a new m4v to ensure non of my existing files where a problem somehow. download wmv, i played no prob. but the files are too large to be practical.
    Has anyone else had a problem with m4v files, I have not seen any in the forum. Hopefully it is just a conflict with one of my other apps.
    08-05-2010 05:45 AM
    It appears mine have started working again... that's just weird.
    08-05-2010 07:42 AM
    Besides multiple email accounts not syncing, is anyone noticing that their primary email just plain loads slowly or is trying to pull more emails when you go to the inbox? I keep seeing "loading conversations" which I rarely saw with 2.1. They do load but I have to wait now.
    I too am seeing the "loading conversations" on my primary account -- just appears for a second or 2 while it loads. I know for sure that I never saw this with 2.1. It appears to me that the primary account isn't really receiving push email, it is just doing a very fast poll when it is opened. This notification appears even after I have heard the tone indicating an email has arrived -- seems like only the notification has arrived, and then when the mailbox screen is opened it goes and fetches the emails.

I have 7 secondary gmail accounts on my EVO -- all of them received push email with 2.1 and all of them now do not -- I have to go into each account individually and manually refresh in order to get new email.

Plain stock EVO, no root, no custom at all -- just the 2.2 download. None of the suggested fixes have addressed the issue for my EVO.

Here's hopin' .......
    08-05-2010 07:50 AM
    Mine started working last evening. All of a sudden I got a flood of emails in the account that wasn't syncing/pushing. I verified by sending an email to that account and it showed up almost instantly.
    08-05-2010 08:30 AM
    *waiting*
    08-05-2010 08:42 AM
    no longer able to view my m4v files. "sorry, this video cannot be played"
    I have even attempted downloading a new m4v to ensure non of my existing files where a problem somehow. download wmv, i played no prob. but the files are too large to be practical.
    Has anyone else had a problem with m4v files, I have not seen any in the forum. Hopefully it is just a conflict with one of my other apps.
    Stay on topic please.
    08-05-2010 08:43 AM
    I have 4 Gmail accounts...I had them all synced up before I updated to 2.2 yesterday (Wednesday). After the update only 1 of them was still synced. I had to manually sync each of the rest, by pressing Menu > Settings > Accounts & Sync and then selecting the desired Gmail account. I might have been able to use the Sync All button but I didn't try that. Instead I clicked a Gmail account, and when the Data And Synchronization page displayed for that account, I pressed the Sync Now button. This initiated a synchronization process. Once this one complete I could then get my email from that account, and even refresh it to see new messages.
    08-05-2010 09:32 AM
    oops sorry, dint realize, this was specific to gmail.
    08-05-2010 11:19 AM
131 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD